PPP, or is it? Grow #2

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mordgrow, Jul 17, 2007.

1. I just use this little glass piece my girl got me.. nice lil bong my girl got me :)

2. das cool. me and a friend are gonna go in halves for a bong.

3. lol, i sound retarted when im high..

here's what she got me.
    [​IMG]

4. all but one plant seem to be male.. cutting some more clones, at least i got 1 fem. outta it.

5. Dude that sucks all male but one! at least on the greener side they wernt all male, but i followed your last grow and it was awsome! your the reason i decided to give growing a try were both in the ak so i figured ehh why not, but now you have for sure ppp female clones!

6. youl love the ppp.all three of the phenos I got are coverd in trich's.main difference seems to be in bud size.best of luck!!

7. Yep, the one that was female is a nice thick leaf (more indica looking) not a lot of node spacing, but it seems like a good plant to grow with :)

so.. i'm gonna take a wild guess, you must live in the matsu valley? haha :p

B.C.: yeah three of my plants looked vaugely the same and one was crazy different (strong sativa look) well looks like im stuck with just one for now, oh well. maybe i'll start from seed again at some point.

anyway, got 5 new female cuttings rooting in the cloner now, gonna start building my screen when they start to root and put 4 in scrog, and the 3 random plants i have now will kinda grow on the side.. haha

7 plants in my little room.. jungle time!

8. Here's mom, 1 sexed clone, and one random plant in the flower room:
    [​IMG]

Random plant that grew from my 1st run of PPP seeds
    [​IMG]

Sexed clone (the only one to turn out fem)
    [​IMG]

Mother of the next grow, i'll leave her in the corner to flower with the rest of em :)
    [​IMG]

Mother plant is super thick
    [​IMG]

Here's the next wave clones... water was a little too high in the PPM dept, so they got a rough start, but they should all pull through:eek:
    [​IMG]

I'll use those 4 clones to start my 1st SCROG

9. hey been watchin both ur threads.. really suprising

i bee gettin some powerplant alot in portland oregon
    pretty good stone.

card holders ruleeee here

we gonna take over Medical mJ til i die.:hello:

take care n ill be watchingggg hahaha

Anawawawa:smoke:

10. one of my misters (2 in my cloner set up) failed (I had thought it was PPM issues, turns out it was a lack of mist), i replaced the disk but its mist output isnt as good as it used to be, maybe i'll get a replacment unit..

other mister is still going strong! hopefuly those cuttings quit playing around and put down some roots soon, dont need another 10 day delay with new cuttings :-x

11. like many other i just read through ur whole grows, and im insaly impressed.
    gl on this grow!! looks even tastyer then the last mama

12. I was all set to do another installment of "how i clone" butttt. my camera battery was dead.

oh well, cut 6 clones, all of them are around 7"-8" tall with at least 5mm diam stems. i dipped them in rooting powder, knocked off the extra and put them in my mist cloner with a weak nute mix (400PPM), some super thrive and a PH of 6.4. I then misted the dipped cutings with "regular" PH water ( 8.5 or so) and the leafs, I figure (at least for the cut area) the higher PH water creates a paste from the rooting powder, so they will gradualy get down to the 6.4 PH that the clone solution is. (depending on how long they stay in the cloner, i may leave this solution the same (short term) or strengthen it to around 700 PPM and 5.5 PH)

the mom is going nuts.. PPP is a strong grower under the right conditions. If i hadn't needed clones right now, i would have had to cut her back anyway.. haha

I'll take some pictures when i do my "hour later" check (a good rule of thumb)

13. Here's the freak plants (yes there's actualy two) very sativa strain from my PPP seed group, i kept it cause it looks so weird ;)
    [​IMG]

Here's mom! after i took some cuttings (guess which side? haha)
    [​IMG]

Here's a clone from mom, sexed (thats how i figured out she was a she) and growing well :)
    [​IMG]

Here's my cuttings, a lil droopy, but they'll perk back up (big cuttings do this at first in my mister espeicaly with the rooting "past" restricting the water intake at first)

[​IMG]

14. a big lesson i've learned is not to panic with clones, they can be very dramatic when cut this big, wilting over like they are giving up on you etc... just set them in the right conditions and they'll come around.
    [​IMG]

here mine are about 12 hours later. Hopefuly i see some nice 3-4" root systems in about 10 days, ready for the buble buckets and the big light ;)

here's what the cloner set up looks like :
    [​IMG]
    two fountain misters in the top rubbermaid 11 gal container with side snap locking lid ( i wish i had 20 more of these!! cant find them anymore) alum. tape all over the lid, 6 holes cut for 3" baskets, 2 fountain foggers in the resivore (filled nearly to the top, giving just enough room for the foggers to float around in their little floaty thingys) and a light nute mixed with 5.8-6.0 ph water.

I cut them, put them in, and check back in 10 days, no other attention needed (though i do poke my head in and see how everythings growing every once in while)

the water level slowly goes down as fog is used by the plants giving the roots more room to hang suspended in nute-rich fog... they freakin love it!

Here's a picture of mom
    [​IMG]
    crazy thick bush.. seems like i usualy get this kind of growth out of my set up

here's the exception:
    [​IMG]
    this thing is rocketing up, its doubled its hight in about 4 days.. freaking bambo hybrid or some shit!

so im hooking one of em down (there's two in this bubler)

and the clone that told me the sex of mom (re: sexed clone) its growing amazingly fast as well.
    [​IMG]

all with about 20-30 min attention per day in the flower room, and one trip every 10-20 days to my cloner.. :D

15. I've grown many of PPP's but none have looked like that at all, looks like a white strain to me...

OH HI GUYS !! :) POOF!!

16. Been keeping a good eye on this since your last grow. Hope it produces similar delicious results :rolleyes:

17. Damn, was that a corrado that just blurred through this thread! - Hi Dier!

18. Looking great as always Mordgrow! :hello: Are you still smoking from your last batch?

19. definatly still stocked from the last go :) i let it run real long though, so it puts you on your ass hard!

I guess 1 grow under my belt isnt enough to be hiccup free, so..

the bad:

I've lost 2 sets of clones so far, its really setting me back, and i've continued to veg the 3 plants above while these losses are happening. (ive a nother set of clones that are slowly dieing as I post this in my cloner)

and my camera seems to be going out on me. only takes blury pictures .. grrr..

Here's the mother for my next grow ( if i can ever get some clones rooted!)
    I'd say she's getting close to 5 feet tall from the ground up (not the bucket up)
    [​IMG]

this next plant was growing verticaly so fast, that while i was playing around in my room i snapped it in half .. heh oops! lucky it snapped right at a growth node, so it was basicaly a strange form of topping :) doing great now that its not sooooo tall and skinny.
    [​IMG]

This thing is like a freak of nature.. its the clone that i sexed off "big momma" (yeah shows how long ive been trying to get a 2nd set to grow!) its got really strange leaf paterns,, 3 blades that grow so tight together it looks like one.. and now a bunch of 1 bladed leafs..
    [​IMG]

It would be awsome if this was a strain i could reproduce, it looks very un-pot like.. great for outdoors :D
    but i think its just stress
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway.. im going to scrub this run of clones, break everything down, and start a new batch when i'm sure i have as many elements under control as possible.