PPM too high possibly? Deficiency/Burn? Help needed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gumby420, Feb 23, 2013.

1. These are 10 SFV OGs, about 40 days into flower after about a 12 week veg. 10 gallon smart pots in soil. 2 1000w HPS aircooled lights with a 400w MH vertical. Temps are between 63-73. Humidity is between 28-50%. Ph going in is always between 6.0-6.5, just tested runoff and it was at 6.8. We were having a few problems recently with what we assumed was our watering schedule. We flushed, fed heavy after to get nutes back in and they got a little better. Now im thinking we might have fed to hard/or not enough. Today was the first time ive tried checking the PPM as im thinking this might be the case. The PPM meter goes up to 1900 and the pen is maxing out and wont even take a reading. So im pretty sure i am at least over that 1900 mark.
    Please take a look at the photos and lets hear some opinions.
    THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Attached Files:

2. #2 OhioStateBuckeyes, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    you are letting your soil dry out too much in between waterings. not only will this cause leaves to yellow & drop off, but flowering plants with buds that start to wilt due to a lack of water will greatly diminish your yield.

in a greenhouse setting, you want your plants to dry out more in between waterings, to decrease sporadic growth & to increase uniformity....this is not the case with "production for consumption" crops. you want to water frequently in order to harvest as much as possible. the downside to this is that fungus gnat infestations become more frequent & harder to control.

they look like they are getting an adequate amount of fertilizer. do a runoff water test with RO water to get a rough idea of what your soil PPMs are at (you only want to collect about 2-3 alcoholic shot glasses worth of runoff water as soon as it comes out of the pot). you are OK if your soil PPMs are anywhere between 1300-1900 (edit: these ratios are good for the stage of life your plant is in). if they are close to 2000 or over, give them plain water for a watering or two; you dont want to risk burn.

3. well im pretty sure my PPMs are already over 1900 because thats what my pen goes up to and it maxes out and wont read. does this look like regular nute burn? It looks strange to me....

4. it does not look like any type of nutrient issue of any sort. it looks like you need to be more frequent with watering your plants.

5. im watering a gallon every 2-3 days. last round they were bigger and had the same watering schedule and were perfect. i know theres lots of variables, but how much water and how often do you think you would give a 10gal? Thanks