PPM Question (run off)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kingbongV, Feb 21, 2011.

1. If I put 1100 ppm feed into my pots (soil) and the run off is 900 does that mean they need more food ?

2. Not big into soil, but it seems if u gave them a drink @ 1100ppm they should b good...the runoff ppm shouldnt b as important as what ur adding...u know they have nutrients avaliable cause u gave it to them

3. #3 kingbongV, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011

I know what your saying
    - but would it be more (if the plant for example) were not using the amount of nutes I am giving (1100) and were building up salts and came out say at (1200).... so would that give me a rough idea that I am over feeding if you get me?

4. Not completely sure but im thinkin it doesnt matter. Follow the feeding schedule and watch the plant...it will tell u if ur overfeeding. The water running out of ur pot should b the same water you poured in the top...it might change a little bc it passed through the soil..i would monitor the ph of the runoff, but not the ppm. someone w more soil experience would prob have a better idea

5. Thanks Steady :)

Any1 with experience in soil?

6. pH auto adjust in soil

7. My ppms always come out lower its when they come out higher that u need to worry thats when u have salt buildup on the roots andin the soil ur fine..