PPM of RO water and Tap

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RastaRoi, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Taking a PPM reading of my RO water was at about 50ppm with the ph at 5.5. I then went and got some tap water and the Ph was at 7.0 and the ppm was at 126. Using the Lucas formula with my RO is the 50 ppm gonna hurt my progress or am I ok using just the regular tap water with adjusted ph. I know I might need to change my RO filter its about a year old and I run two grows with about 4 buckets (dwc hydro). My question is. Is the 50 ppm bad coming out of the RO filter or is it acceptable?:eek:

2. Either your tap or RO is acceptable.

3. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']Either your tap or RO is acceptable.[/quote]

I agree with Rhapsody in that either should work fine.

I have never used a regular ro system but the rodi setup I used for saltwater tanks would filter down to <10 ppm with new filters. I changed them every six months regardless if use and never had a problem with the tds level rising.

4. The to water would be better but the tap water would work perfectly fine, maybe use a lil ph down?
    My tap ph Is 8... I dunno if that's normal but highest it got was 8.8 for a week. Ppm was about 100-200 and even that works fine for outdoor plants, for indoor it requires about 1ml ph down in 50L