PPM calmag GH question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DankPassenger, Nov 4, 2013.

1. When using GH, should my PPM of the feeding schedule include the calmag,  or should I check my level after I add the calmag, and add that to the total PPM's?

Another thing I'm unclear on would be, calmage before micro, or micro first?

2. Calcium and magnesium are both in the base (micro).  No extra calcium or magnisium is needed, even when using 0ppm ro water. But to answer the question, normally additives are added first then the base. But again, calmag additive is not needed. There is a reason its not in the gh feeding chart. Try to get some healthy grows with only a base before using additives.

I disagree. Most Nutrient lines don't add enough Calmag which is the problem. I can't speak for gh, but I know most either don't have any, or not enough. My ladies love CalMag. 

4. Please name one base nutrient with no calcium or magnesium in it. The manufactures know how much calcium and magnesium to put in. If there was not enough of one mineral or if one was at a higher concentration then the other then, it throws off the whole balance of the equation. Growing healthy plants isn't about having a certain amount of each mineral, it's about having all of them available at all times and at the correct ratio, not concentration. If your mineral is in the water and the ph is in the correct area for the desired mineral uptake then it is available to the plant. If you're having problems with certain minerals then you either need to change the nutes, ph, or ppm, not ratio. I also couldn't help but to check out your grow and the burning around the edge's of your leaves are from high mag levels. A perfectly healthy plant will have no discoloration anywhere on it, even on the lower leaves and tips. This can be accomplished with only a base nutrient, and any of them will work just fine. I have proven this time and time again. Saving money and the environment and producing dispensary quality medicine all at the same time. I use to be on the calmag boat too guys but with time and experience put in you'll learn its unnecessary.

5. As I said, either none, or not enough. I have no way of knowing which it is. CalMag is great though. Feel free to do it your way though. My plants grow great. They like their CalMag. 

6. Thanks for the help guys, I think I had a misconception that the calimagic was always necessary in RO water, and that nute burn would only be coming from the N-P-K.  CALiMAGic is on both the simple and expert GH schedule listed as 5ml per gallon when using RO water or coco pots in the first 2 weeks, I just thought if it as more of a hard and fast rule, and not in the start low and slowly turn it up method, not sure where I got that idea.  Thanks, again for the help.

7. GH's calimagic is a great product. only calmag supplement i use.