Powerlifting

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by crunchtime13, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Deadlift is probably they most important lift you could do.

2. forreal dude it works damn near every muscle in the body. i did 8 sets of 5 with 225 yesterday and my whole body is sore today

3. I PLed in undergrad but have been out of it for about a year now. I am starting to get back into it and am not sure what my maxes are right now. My competition maxes are:

Squat: 425
    Bench: 255
    DL: 455

Those were at 172 lbs bodyweight. I'm not nearly that strong now, but hopefully in a year I'll be back to those #s or higher.

4. I lift like 150 daily so i can kick the shit out of cops that try to stop me from smoking my beloved BUD

5. I do martial art's and stick strictly to free weight. No powerlifting for me. But then again i don't really need to so why would I.

6. Ya, those don't seem to mix so well :D

7. 180, 6'. Bench is stuck at 250, any higher than that and my wrists kill me.
    Squat-- no idea, I hate squats
    Deadlift (this is from the floor over your head, yea?) -- 400
    Leg press- 1000 lbs (yes, I was proud)
    I can do 100 pushups in just over 1 1/2 minutes, and about 20 chin-ups on a good day.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5groVHlMkRE]YouTube - Andy Bolton world record deadlift of 457.5kg (1008 lbs).[/ame] this is a deadlift

put up a new personal best in the bench today 145

9. wouldnt power clean be a more full body workout than deadlift...cuz powerclean u deadlift it then fuckin clean it so really its two lifts in one..

10. With that logic the clean and jerk would be the most full body workout

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPPWotXvV0]YouTube - 420 lb Clean and Jerk[/ame]

because you deadlift, then clean, then throw it over your head while doing a lunge

11. bench; 300 (135 kg)
    deadlift; 444 (200kg)
    powerclean 266 (110 kg)

body weight 178 (80kg)
    6ft 2

12. u r right sir dam and that guy did 420 lbs!!

anyways im 6"4 195 lbs

rep 205 on bench
    rep 185 on squats
    and rep like 185 dead lift

13. 1rm

b-265lbs
    d-405lbs

14. Bench- 265
    Squat- Haven't maxed for a while, guessing like low 300s if we're talking a real parallel squat
    Deadlift- I don't really deadlift, I do cleans (I guess a football oriented version)

6'2'' 190lbs

15. #35 JuanRing, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    Squat - 120(having trouble getting it over my head after this, don't have a power rack:()
    Bench - 150

Deadlift - 200

This is at 6'2, 170, I need to up my bench a bit, and get someone to help me get the squat bar on my back so I can get higher.

On the other hand, I can do like 5- 6 sets of 25 pushups without too much problems, and run alot, which might be interfering with me gaining muscle on the powerlifts, I dunno.

16. Iam 140lb and 5'9..

most i benched was probly like 155 and it was sophmore year of high school...

i kinda want to get back into lifting but i got my liscence suspended for 6 months so i cant really go to gym

i do alot of pushups when iam bored and want to be proactive

17. Bench- 285
    squat-365
    deadlift-?
    I really like doing incline even though I have short Arms I can do A lot on that lift and doEs anybody else do cleAns? I don't really like those.

18. i have not been able to get up to a true max since HS because now a days i dont have a workout partner for spotting. However in HS after 3 months of training @ 242 lbs i was one rep maxing

350 bench ( with pause)
    450 squat ( below parallel because this was how we competed)
    425 deadlift

My squat and deadlifts were stronger than what i actually pulled, because i never really hit a sticking point during my PR lifts. My coach happened to be very adamant about not over training, and about not sacrificing form for weight.

Now a days im about the same strength in my lifts, maybe take 20 pounds off each 1rm, however im about 300 pounds now. im working on losing the extra mass so that i can make up for it at the bar. Im like three weeks into starting again and feeling strong already :)

My Coach was hardcore. He is 185 and looks about 250. He benches 400+ and he pulls and squats 600 + ( 7 years ago when i was still in hs. ) he had us doing westside barbell methods and training, and even had one of the guys come and talk to us about powerlifting and training. Those guys are insane!!! under 300 squatting 1000 plus.