powering my fans

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by redcavy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Hey guy I just registered! But anyway I'm totally new to growing, and I just bought two 80mm case fans. They have a red yellow and black wire with a conector at the end. How do I get power to these thing?

2. Cell phone charger, connect power to power, grnd to grnd, then plug it in.

3. Hey thanks guys that works great. I never imagined these fans would be this quite. Very cool. Now I need help with lighting. The box I'm using is about 27 inches long and 18 inches wide. I was thinking of just one beam with 1 or 2 "v" shaped sockets with two bulbs each. I just have no idea what to look for at home depot today. Please help

4. Here is what i did, everything but the light bulbs i got from Home Depot, the Home Depot over here doesnt carry 6500k bulbs but Lowes does. I had to make my own power chord and buy an electrical plug end but its really easy, just gotta know to screw the wires in at the right places.

Attached Files:

5. And if you go to the first page in my link you can see the fixture as a whole. thats before i rearranged the bulbs and sockets last night that you see in the pix above.

6. Okay awesome thanks so much. I'm into car audio and mechanics so that's sounds easy enough. I'm sure ill have more questions though

7. Will my timer work if its just pluged into the same power strip as the lights?

8. Your lights need to be plugged in the timer, so your whole light strip has to be plugged in the electric outlet of the timer.

9. Same here yo, thats what made it real easy