power ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by novacain, Aug 5, 2010.

1. i just pu up a grow tent 3x3 with a 400watt hps and two fans 1 in and 1 out and a small 3000btu ac unit in a window of the room next door acting as a cool lung for the intake fan all of this is getting cocerned about power usage can any help:confused:

2. well.. I don't quite get what your question is...

If you are concerned about using too much power in one place you can get a kill-a-watt electricity monitor to tell you what your usage is... If you're nervous about using a lot of power and looking suspicious... don't be... as long as you pay your bill on time or in a reasonable time you won't have to worry about anything...

3. ohms law will help I=E/R so I= amps E= volts R=resistance or the power wheel I=P/E P=Watts say you have 120V and a current of 8Amps your watts would be 960Watts 120X8=960 this means you have 840Watts to work with. now if you have 120V and 15Amps on one breaker you may supply up to 1800 watts before you trip that breaker.in a parallel circuit the volts stay the same across the board. good luck dont burn your home down trying to grow its not worth it:hello: