Power went out for 36 hours - Wow!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by xerb, Jan 15, 2019.

1. By the second morning the temp in my grow room had dropped to 50 degrees. Thermostat is normally set at 67, so this is the first time they ever saw cold.

It was really surprising to see how 2 nights of cold changed the plants. Almost as if another phase of the plants life had started.

It is amazing the color change that occurred in just 24 hours.
    What was a nice deep green canopy, changed overnight.
    It is incredible how different each plant is.
    Same soil, same conditions, all genetics.

Several of the plants have started to exhibit what looks like senescence, the older and larger leaves getting pale green / gold some withering and dropping.
    Extra_leaves.jpg

The picture is of a Super Silver Haze F2

Even the 2 NLxHaze sisters are totally different. One is still dark green, the other is almost gold and starting to shed her fan leaves.

Since I started using the Kootenjay No-Till method several years ago I have noticed a couple things I haven't seen mentioned. Many of my strains are producing additional leaves like the ones in the picture.

Another thing is that my plants often grow 12 - 14 internodes of opposite branching before going alternate.
    This last run had been flowering for about a month, and had substantial buds before they started going alternate.

Think Bigger Buds!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dang that’s some cool colors!... worst part is the hermie seeds that come along shortly afterward....

3. Sometimes I get crazy growth like that when I over apply either SST or Ful-Power. I think if you start with sub par compost and amendments you need more of the teas and tricks that are in the No Til thread ( to get the soil cycling better). If you start with good compost and soil rich with life abundant, it is really easy to over apply some of these enzymes and humic acids. If I see crazy growth like that on my plants (especially with a strain that never grows crazy) I pull back on the SST's and other tricks. I will only use water and aloe for a few weeks.

I've said this before on here. I grew a tomato with Ful Power using the recommended label application rate. I wanted to see what a weekly watering would do. It only took about 3-4 weeks before I had really strange growth. Then I went to twice a week at about 20ml to see what happens. Little house of horrors.

It can build up in the soil. Just a warning.
    Tommy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I grow outdoors in the north, my leaves go so purple in late fall they look black, dark red and dull yellow also come out. None of it should hurt anything maybe a bit of stress nothing they can't handle though.