Power Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonerobot, Jan 30, 2012.

1. So I was wonder how to avoid being on the radar of power companies I read something somewhere but cant find it again. How to not use so much power or how to stay low key for a decent size grow

2. As long as you pay your bill on tome every month the power company will never report you. Why would they report you, or take any action on someone who is putting money in their pockets. Good rule of thumb though is to use about 1000 watts for every room in your house. It's all good man no worries.

3. Unless your doing a multi room grow pushing several thousand watts the power company wont notice a thing. There are quite a few normal house items that will take as much energy as a nominal sized grow light.

4. I used to have to worry about power. I don't anymore. Here are some oldschool ways, but if you have an ole lady then more difficult. First turn off water heater until 1 hr before showers. Turn off afterwards. 2nd don't do your laundry at home. Use laundrymatt. 3rd turn off elec heat or turn way down. I just curtained of the living room and used a space heater when cold. Again if you have an ole lady forget turnin off heat. 4th never use the oven. You can get your power down 50%. Then grow with more lights. Light companies don't contact cops, but if a cop contacts light companies, they give 100% info to cops. This is usually how they complete a warrant before going to judge. If your power bill seems normal then no warrant. And don't forget to never show your grow to anyone, don't try to make hook-ups with people you don't know very well. Don't let your mouth bust you. Alcohol + bragging = busted. SG1

5. Your power bill tells you how much you're using in comparison to your neighbors. If you're average, that means that half of your neighbors are using more than you. Needle in a haystack.

cops have no more of a right to search your electric bill than they do your bedroom.

6. I doubt an electric company can just give your info to the cops without a subpoena.

How much juice are you planing to use stonerobot?

7. Well let me tell you something about getting busted, first hand. Cops don't need a warrant to request Info. They didn't for me. Here is what happened. A buddies friend which never saw my garden got busted. The cops asked him for info to reduce his charges. He threw my name out. Just my first name, not my last. He gave directions to my house, without knowing my address. Just directions. Cops confirmed that a guy with my first name lived there. All of a sudden this made him a "reliable confidential source". Then he told them I grew alot of weed. Being 'reliable' Now made everything he said able to be used in court. Then the cops went to the electric company and asked for my billing information to see if power bills went up from the last resident's. Soon as they found out that I was using more power, they had there warrant signed by judge. Killed my dog, took every bit of cash, dope, and equipment. And of course my life as I knew it. You think they don't have a right? They probably don't, but all they need to do is accuse you. Your life will change forever.
    First thing my lawyer tried to do is fight the warrant. The judge asked if the info given by the informant was correct. First name, and directions good? Yes, said the prosecuter. And the judge said the warrant will stand. The fucker that never saw my garden fucked me. Go figure. SG1

8. ^ exactly why the first rule of growing is tell no one! It's hard to do it for as long as you have without some kind of run-in with the law SG1. Let your story be a lesson to all. Your "rights" don't mean shit. Accusation it's self can be enough.

9. Accusation tactics are used in most med. mar. states. All they have to do is accuse you and take your shit. You fight in court, spend every penny you have to defend yourself.
    Then of course they find innocent. They give your equipment back( not the weed ). Where do you go from here? Your fuckin broke. Cop 1, you 0. Game over. Now the cops are going after places that rent their property to legit growers. They tell them to evict you or they will put a federal sizure lean on the property. Your evicted fucker. Landlord isn't even going to argue about it. Cops 1, You 0. Game over. Never ever think they can't come after you. Enough gloom and doom. Just be safe and carefull my friends. SG1

10. Thanks SG1 for the info. I guess its gonna be kinda big looking to get 60-90 plants just trying to pay for college the best way I know how.

11. tryin to find that out in the planing process something to get me 60-90 plants tho

12. I used to do the big 50+ grows when I was young and renting houses. I would only do one crop then move. It's a pain to set up and take down, but it beat jail all to hell. I grew everything big as to make some serious $. Double car garage and 3 bedrooms all blooming at one time was some scary shit, but worth the 20 lb haul. Allways did the big ones during the winter when power usage for everyone is high..I used a propane heater in the living room where I slept. Everything else turned off except the grow. Couldn't ever bring girls over cause I never talked of growing and was freak'n paranoid. I am so glad to not live in that kind of fear. I don't think I could handle the stress anymore.
    Peace SG1

13. wanna give me some insight on your experiences?