Power Of Mind: The Real Faith Of Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Mar 27, 2014.

1. #1 Thejourney318, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Spirit is all-knowing, all-being. Yet it is of itself formless, not taking on any particular form that could be separate from other forms. For anything to come into being, the Word is required. Now the Word, in its widest sense, is the universal creative mind. The world is spoken into being by the Word, ‘which was with God in the beginning, and was God.' The Word able to be understood in a direct way, words and concepts. An individual is a center within the universal Mind. The individual's mind does not differ from the universal mind. Or perhaps rather, the universal mind is what responds to words, thoughts, beliefs, concepts, and using them as a basis for the physical world. This physical world, in fact, is nothing but mind itself. We are simply a directing focus for this mind, whose creative powers inherently exist, and are always existing.

This is the real ‘faith' taught by Jesus. Consider the biblical episode of being out on the sea during a bad storm. He was sleeping, and his disciples awoke him, afraid for their lives of the storm. ‘Why are you afraid, you of little faith.' And the storm went away, and there was a powerful calmness. This shows the power of mind. And this shows that this principle of the one creative mind being both the source of all and within all is the faith of Jesus. Note too that Jesus rebuked them for their fear. This means that it cannot be interpreted as only Jesus having this ability. He could not criticize them about it, if only he had the power required to have no reason for fear.

Jesus was able to do more, because he had more faith. More faith in the absolute power of mind and spirit. God is the creative mind in spirit. To have faith in God is to have faith in the creative mind and spirit. We are ‘made in God's image.' That is to say, we are thinking and speaking creatures, who so doing are able to access the creative powers of the Universe. This, thinking and speaking, concepts and beliefs, is how the Universe is brought into existence. This is the Universal Mind, and all who think and form words have its power. This is also the meaning of Jesus' saying, ‘ask, and it shall be given.' ‘Even if you should ask for a mountain to move in faith, it shall move.' By faith, he means is knowing and believing that the world is created from mind. Through growing faith, doubt is removed, and our inherent divine power is more readily and apparently accessed.

2. #2 Thejourney318, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Also, this reveals new meaning in the crucifixion. This was a man who could make storms go away. Yet he allowed himself to be crucified. What is the meaning? Free will for all, in their use of the divine creative powers. Spirit/mind is the true reality, the Word is the source of ALL existence. It is saying that, God, this Mind, has no preferences for how his power is used. The potential negativity is exemplified by the crucifixion, thus it represents an acceptance of all that we may characterize as bad. It, as all-knowing and all-being, does not differentiate between anything. Yet it is through this that comes redemption. How? Through an understanding of of how the Mind works, a developing faith, and the fruit of the culmination of this work.

3. I believe there are many things about the story of jesus' life that is symbolic. The crucifixion being one. Theres also a lot of astrological meanings hidden in it all.

4. Definitely. My general interpretation of the crucifixion is referring to the 'death of self,' not literally/physically but as the controlling mechanism. So its a giving up of personal will, conscious intention, but in so doing you become one with the divine, and the divine works through you. Which ties into the total acceptance I talked about in the second post. Giving up of intentions and expectations, and in so doing allowing the divine/universal mind to work through you.

5. Perhaps there is another way to see the idea of giving up will and intention so the divine can work through you?

What is the divine will after all? Are we not also divine?

A holographic plate broken into pieces contains a complete image of the whole within each piece, therefore this idea of the surrender, while so important in the beginning, eventually leads to merging the individual will and intention with the divine so that there is no longer a feeling of separate.

A connection has now been established, that was always there, but has become conscious of itself so that there is no difference between my will and the divine will. Could this be what the story of Jesus on the boat was revealing? 

6. had it been me who scolded them for their foolish fearfulness on the boat......
    i would have told them not only how silly it is to be afraid of such a thing....
    but also why....
    the things i have seen and lived have shown me that to be afraid....
    to worry...

is to give or feed that energy into whatever it is you are worried about or afraid of.....

i would tell them that worry is the best way to make what you are worried about happen...

7. Yes, those are all good points. So, it's not only an acceptance of the existence of the infinite power, but also realizing that since it cannot be separate from anything, it can also not be separate from you. Thus everything is the 'creative mind,' God, and it is just this recognition that really lets the creative powers work through us.Which leads back to your mind is the divine mind, and your mind directs your reality as the universal mind directs the universals. hmmm.

The idea of howt he divine mind works, and how we really are it, even though it is not always apparent, I think relates to another idea that I think is apart of this 'faith.' The idea that every single thing, and every single moment, is an expression of God in the entirety. Like you said, a piece of the hologram contains the information of the whole. So everything is one complete expression. Thus it makes sense that in aligning ourselves with the creative process, we would unify our mind and remove contradictory thoughts. In other words, keeping your mind on the 'theme' you're going for, and not letting it wander and focus on things that differ from that image.

That's a good point too. Whatever we put our mind to, increases the likelihood of its fully manifesting. Doesn't matter whether we are thinking about it in a negative or positive way, we're still focusing our mind on it.

8. #8 dirtydingusus, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    ...seek and ye shall find....

There was no stipulation.... nothing said it had ti be this or that you seek... or even that you had to do so intentionally...
    Just that you will find what it is you seek....

Now... i can't see this thing as needing to reduce itself. Just to understand itself.... no...
    I do not feel this idea at all....

I feel being one.... got lonely....

I feel we are not here to worship....
    We are here to grow... and to learn... and to become...

To become what?

To become decent company for the next part of the journey....

9. #9 Thejourney318, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    I decided to look into the 'new thought' movement, which eventually led me to this book, the Science of Mind. I honestly really have been liking it. It is what sparked this line of thought. I also love how he uses biblical quotes throughout the work, as this allows you to really see this alternative interpretation as actually being in the bible itself. I mentioned an aversion I have been feeling towards these sorts of ideas, mind-created reality, etc. Something about it somehow being semi-rooted in an actual religious tradition, or some such thing I'm not exactly sure what, seems to help remove the aversion for me. For one reason or another.

Here's a link to that book, just in case anyone were interested.

http://sacred-texts.com/eso/som/index.htm

And here's a bit more writing I've been doing on this theme...

The idea of the trinity is that God is of a triple nature. Man, being the microcosm, is of a triple nature as well. God's trinity is father, holy spirit/mother, son. Man's trinity is spirit, soul, body. Spirit is father, soul is holy spirit/mother, son is body. The spirit is the active principle, the Word. The soul is the plastic and receptive medium, primordial substance. It receives the impressions of the spirit, and is the vehicle through which that spirit expresses itself. The body is the actual manifestation. Everything in the Universe is the body of God, is the Son, who is Christ. Let's look at a biblical verse that seems to lend itself to this idea.

1<sup>st</sup> Corinthians 12:12 “For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.”
    Seems to be saying that Christ is an essence, or power, or divine spark, which exists within us all. This rather than an individual. The verses surrounding this one are talking about the followers of Jesus, in relation to Jesus.

Spirit is word, soul is law, body is effect. The spirit and soul cannot change. The body is in a constant state of change. The body is the relative condition. As spirit is the true reality of things, it is the body that constitutes the eternal activity of spirit. In other words, spirit itself is unchanging. Yet it is constant and eternal activity. The manifested world IS the activity of the spirit itself, which spirit is singular though underlying everything in all space and time.

Matthew 6:22-23 “The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light.
    But if your eye is evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness.”

Note how ‘evil' is contrasted with ‘single.' This therefore demonstrates the identity of the concept of evil/sin with duality. Now perhaps ‘light' is clear and recognizable manifestation, and darkness is difficult to perceive manifestation. So in truth all is manifested from mind, but when you have contradictions in your own mind and mindset, your reality as mental manifestation is unclear. Think also of ‘No man can serve two masters,' which is also in Matthew 6. When your eye and mind are single, that the reality you experience is a singular, absolute manifestation of spirit/mind will reveal itself to you as self-evident.

10. I really suggest ypu read the holy science of sri yuketswar. He explains Christianity in comparison to his own system of sanatan dharma and I've never found such a compelling explanation for the christian ideas in their most fundamental and mystical form.