Power of Lighting....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sopergreg, May 25, 2011.

1. Ok hey guys n galls,

been a smoker for green for about 3 years now and im on my first attempt at growing. thing is the info i have to grow is more or less completely different to others and stuff on the internet.

For example, the lighting. i have seen so much info on nothing less than 400w bulb etc. but im using a friends technique where he used....get this....a 40w bulb :eek:

i saw his lowryder grow from start to finish and it grew fine with a low 40w lol so now im doing this and only 3 days in from planting im seeing a nice sprout that looks promising. basically im just asking, is it just cos of the higher yeild etc. that people use 400w bulbs?

also im not using fertilizer, also to my friends process that produced a very fruity and fun bud :D

cheers :smoke:

2. #2 herban, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Idk but your post gives me great hope.

3. What kind of 40Watt bulb?

4. its just a 40w round bulb, 400 Lumens 240 volts, generates a fair amount of heat but i have 2 computer fans wired to a DC adaptor which keeps the whole setup at a nice 25ish 'C

5. #5 Kalabora, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    Thats cool not enough light but hey we've all done it i think. I grew some long lanky plants to three feet under my 60watt light on my stove along time ago lol not gonna knock ya on anything bro like i said i've done shit like that to long time ago

EDIT: Oh yeah and your question....yeah more lights more photosyntesis and growth and that means yes....much higher yeilds

6. i spoke to him after i posted earlier, and he did/occasionaly does it as he believes he can gain better buds by being smaller due to the lower light

in his words "micro growing lowyder" lol he does do normal lighting for his other plants aswell so he dosent mind the lower yeild - mind you his baked 24/7 so his idea of a better bud by doing this is most probs in his head but, with the space and funds im working with and from him saying it will work for a nice smaller lowryder im still gonna give it a go as it is my first time so :)