Power Inverter

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheAlienBirdMan, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Hey I'm wondering if this power inverter could provide AC Power for a few lights? Thanks for a reply!

Attached Files:

2. Please someone let me know!

3. Does not seem like a good idea.

If you actually came close to the rated capacity of that off brand unit you will likely cook it.

Not to mention, what are your plans to power the inverter?

4. The deal here is where are you getting the power from, inmost cases its a car battery or even 24v truck battery ..all an inverter does is take the input power 12v//24v ?? and flicks it to 240v AC..

the bottom-line is No

but solar ain't to far off

5. Low duty automotive inverters go from 12VDC to 120VAC using modified sine wave technology.

This will likely cause any lights connected to it to flicker and is not recommended as this technology damages circuit driven tech every day.

There has to be a better, safer way OP.

6. Yes, I think you can. this power inverter has two AC outlets for you to charge AC appliances and its surge power is 1000W. I have a power inverter 300w from bestek.

7. I've had an old 140w power inverter in my truck (cigarette plug in style) for many years. Works great on my laptop, phone, even a coffee maker (for those really long days). But it broke and I'm in the market looking for a new one and stmbled upon this 9 Best Power Inverter Models For Charging Devices and Appliances . Quite informative, at least for me.