Power Companies use smart meters to spy on us? Just say no! Say Hell No!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Thunderstrike420, Nov 1, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNFr_j6kdI]Smart Meters - YouTube[/ame]

2. Wow thats not good

3. They already installed mine. :(

4. Never even watched that video and knew they were just trying to get more information from the public through new meters. Have told my parents not to get theirs, but they dont believe me.

I do not see any reason why they need to do this. We all know too well what can happen when shit is controlled in these more sophisticated electronic matters, hacking, government control, closer monitoring, the list goes on.

Our physical system is great as it currently is, and as a presidential elect would put it....having people running around to physically check meters creates "moar jerbs".

Their motive is not in the interest of the people.

5. i'll bet police are pushing the shit outta these things! however, i do believe any warrant obtained via smart meter should be inadmissable in court, and be illegal to be a contributing factor to aquiring a warrant. i would be cool with one then.

6. I doubt this is as good as they make it out. I highly doubt it could read what you are running, for instance if I'm running something via a bar I doubt that the meter could tell what I'm running through that bar.

7. thats fucked up.

8. Let all go buy some grow lights, and just leave them all on, and grow no weed, and see how fucking confused those fuckers get

9. Make sure to put them on 12/12 timers so they are truly convinced you are growing.

10. #10 vipergts2207, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    Yeah I think the video blows this a little out of proportion. I did some investigating on smart meters after finding this thread and the only reason I've found for people getting caught growing marijuana with these were because they were stealing the electricity. These meters make it easier to find the source of stolen power.

As for knowing what you plug in, such as your electric toothbrush, etc., I don't think it's really possible to know that. The only info they would probably get from appliances is how how many watts they use etc.

Don't steal power to grow your weed and you'll be fine. Also if your paranoid about timers coming on at the same time every day, use an electronic one. Mine allows for turning on +/- 15 minutes from the time I set, so it's not the same time every day.

11. I'm a little fucked up, but repping you for being informed. Good post

12. Anything that means more government monitoring/control is a big no-no for me. I'm not worried so much about growing marijuana as I'm worried about them knowing what I'm going every waking minute of my life. I would never let anybody install on of these on my house. Honestly, I would go to court about it if I had to and I would probably win.

13. hahahahahha thatd be somethin!!