Power Bill

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Weeman30, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Ok so i got my power bill today and it was $187 normally only like $50-60

im only using CFLs about 200 watts theres no way in hell it raised it that much running 24/7 lights only been on like 9 days

Any one have any crazy experiences like this?

Got to call n see whats up

2. I went on a site to get a estimate running 10 40 w CFLs for 700 hours a month was only like $24 

I think some one is running power out of my box who knows lol

3. #3 TheAnswer121, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    my bill is always high during summer. no insulation so a/c is always running. I'm on the flat rate plan now. no matter how much I use, $150 a month for 12 months. used to be 250-300

4. The rates go up as you use more, like tiers I think they're called.  The best thing I could have ever done is go around the REST of the house and determine what was draining power and could be "redirected" to my grow. I went from $400 to $225 changing stuff around the house.  Most importantly, change any incandescent lights in your house to CFLs or lower wattage at points where not so much light is necessary.

I dont even have A/c 

they must of fucked up some where

We dont have a/c or leave anything running bedses maybe 2 fans and a tv on for a few hours and a few loads of wash a week nothing changed for usage wise besides 200w of CFL's

7. to conserve, I keep my hot water heater low. ac on 78, i'm always turning lights and TV's off, and use only cold water to wash laundry.

and what dawill said, change ur house bulbs to cfl

All house bulbs are CFls and we maybe use the lights in the house for like a hour tops a day 

Windows are always open blowing in so cal breeze and letting that cali sun in

9. I think its a error on their end i got to call

10. The only thing i can think of is my room mate knows im growing and is trying to get me to stop with these crazy things like our electric bill (i havent seen it he texted and told me what it was) and the other day he texted me in the morning when he was leaving that swat was at our apt complex and when i went to look 5 mins after the text no one in sight???

WWEEIIRRDDDD

Im a MMJ Patent so i dont give a fuck ima grow n smoke my chronic!!!

11. Don't cause too much of a ruckus and arouse suspicion.

12. Yea im not going to 

im not worried though im doing nothing illegal  

i just hope the power isnt that high takes away from my mmj money lol :bongin:

13. #15 jollyrancher1, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    Check your bloom phase timing.

Some areas kick in a different rate at different times.

I bloom after sunset and it goes off before or shortly after sunrise.

I try to minimize usage at so called "peak hours".

What sucks though is that some providers charge a different rate after so much useage per household.

You might try increasing the # of residents on record and see if that drops the rate.

14. Cfls for your lights in your house is a good way to save energy.  But you said that you are using 200 watts of cfls for your grow.  You should upgrade to hid.  Having 200 watts of cfls is like having 100 watts of hid, but it still consumes 200 watts.  If you upgraded to a 250 watt mh/hps that would use slightly more power, but yield a lot more bud in the end.  It may not make the electric bill go down, but it will more than double your yield output.  :smoke:

15. thats crazy man. my 1000w hps only raised my bill by like thirty bucks.

16. Realistically you shouldt compare it month after month, you should compare it year to year for that specific Month. This was my first electric bill since 1000w has run entire billing cycle. And compared to last year it was $100 higher but costs of electricity also almost doubled. And I've got A/C, dehumidifier, 8" inline fan and 1000w HPS in my Grow room and t5 veg lights in another room. With 3 fans total.

17. ive had $4000 electric bills before, they want your money, pay on time and you will be fine, if your worried you can call and ask about rates and just say you got a welder or something.