Power bill!! Help !!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Stoner777, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Anyone ever heard of earth grounding, i need some trick to lower my power bill a little, my setup is in my signature. Any tips, tricks, anything would be greatly and i do mean greatly appreciated. i read this article on Earth Grounding, anyone done this or know anything about it? Thanks again!

2. Earth grounding your plants will have no effect on power consumption as far as I understand the concept.

Instead of lowering your grows power needs, have you done the good ol' tricks around the house to lower overall consumption? Turn water heater down a bit, wash dishes by hand from time to time, unplug computer/game consoles when not in use etc....?

With 2 inline fans, 2 circulating fans and my 1kw light I was able to save enough power throughout the rest of the house that my grow didn't effect my bill at all.

3. Can also consider augmenting with solar, an investment up front though.

Can't get blood from a stone though, there aren't any tricks short of simply using less energy to reduce the amount of energy you're using.

4. Im talking about earth ground my meter box, theres a big write up on it in DIY but it also seems like a hoax and if not you could have trouble with flickering. I already unplug everything in the house and just turned the hot water down the other day do about 110 from 120. I unplugg EVRYTHING!
    Thank you guys.

5. Hell we never wsh dishes so it isnt that ! lmao! Inside humor for the wife but she didnt laugh!

6. I also live in VA so they have very expensive power any how. My bill is $195 with my grow but i need to lower it a tad more.

7. Generator

8. Get on the budget plan

9. [​IMG]Generator

10. #10 4ganja2green0, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    lol dude your running 1 600 watt. if your concerned about your bill looking suspicious your good. your more likely gonna get busted stealing power or someone else knowing!

im a douche for jumping to conclusions why the hell do they charge so much? you sound like your on top of everything. your electric hot water heater is bending you over!?

11. A $195!? I wish my power bill was this low :(!!! My power bill on a 1300 sqft town home reach up into the $700 range. Where I live, the electric company doesn't really give a fuck about consumption as long as you pay the bill on time!