Powdery Mildew outdoors...HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by azfox, Oct 1, 2015.

1. I REALLY need some help with this PM....I've been using baking soda mixed with Bronner's castile soap and water, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I'm just a couple of weeks from harvest and I can't get it under control! I've read that potassium bicarbonate is more effective? I've also read that it ruins the pistils? Is this true? I need to get it under control before I lose it all! I feel like I am spraying the baking soda mixture too often, but I need to keep the mildew in check. Has anyone used potassium bicarbonate and how did you use it? I honestly need some help with this.

2. Neem can help, i've also heard milk...please verify, use and application raates

3. I've heard neem but they say the better source is potassium carbonate in a mixture of milk and water. I'm just concerned that someone said it will ruin the pistils? Thanks!

4. hydrogen peroxide very diluted spay plant itll stop the mildew then keep spraying plant with water regularly to get the excess off o e never done it that far into flower

5. This actually makes sense! I just watched a video on youtube with Jorge Cervantes....he was actually 'washing' his harvest with a light mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 4 gallons of water. Then he rinsed it off with an aerator hose head and hung it to dry in front of a fan. Supposedly, it removes PM, and all other outdoor contaminants. I think I'll do the H2O2 spray with water and wash them after harvest. Just hard to get it though this head of mine that the THC and other components will NOT wash off with water! I should know that, after trimming and such...the stuff makes wicked good hair product too! ;) Your post put me on a plan of action....think I've got it now! Thanks drosell420! [​IMG]

6. PM Wash by NPK works quite well and can be used right through flowering.
    http://npk-industries.com/pm_wash.html

I also setup a sulphur pot to run at night once pm appears (and it always does as I live in a damp climate

7. I had white powdery crap and a spray bottle of 1/2 milk and 1/2 water did the trick to get rid of it.