Powdery mildew on leaves!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by POPPEDmyCherry, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I just noticed a couple of leaves with white powdery mildew on my plants. I read that 1 tablespoon per gallon of water can cure this. Is this true? Or what can I do?

2. Post some pics if you can. If you really do have powdery mildew there is stuff you can use to keep it bay in veg but in flowering it can easily get worse. Everything that I have read and been told on it is that there is no cure. The PM spores are airborn and are everywhere and if given the right conditions a plant can become infected with it. There are sprays you can buy or make yourself to keep it from showing up on the leaves. Like milk, high PH`d water among other things that are high in PH. Green Cure is a powder you can mix up and pray on your plants to raise the PH on the surface of the leaves. I lost two sets of mother plants to it. I washed everything down with bleach and water in our grow room. The biggest problem with it is in flowering, it can grow inside the buds where you cant see it. Trim all leaves off that have it.