Powdery Mildew In Full Flower Please Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BullTrader, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Ok I have been fighting this hsit for the last 5 weeks, I have two strains almost ready for harvest. When I first noticed the PM it was on the lower leaves of my Sour Diesel (leaves were extremly tight and com[pact) so I did a little research and sprayed the leaves with the Baking soda and water mix to bring the PH up on the leaves, this seemed to help fro a while but then it seems like the last two weeks it has hit me with a vengence.

I went to the grow shop ant picked up some fungicide that is safe for food and up until three days prior to harvest but to be honest this shit sucks.

I dont know if I should just harvest the two strains now (they are ready I just need another week to flush) or if there is something that will solve this horible problem. I have my next crop in the same room but have been very proactive with them and no signs to date.

If anyone has any imput I really appreciate it. Keep in mind I am in full flower and the PM is starting to get to the buds.:confused_2:

2. What's the humidity like in there?? Air circulation??

3. Plant Manager - The RH is around 31%, the temp fluctuates at night in the day I have been keeping it warmer at around 83 because I hear this helps with the PM and hitting the plants with CO2 to hopfully make up for the difference in the heat. It dtops to around 67-69 though at night (lights are off) which could cause some issues due to temp changes?

The Lights are 1000's, with an AC regulating temp, I have high output 6" inline fans cooling the lamps as well as on for air exhaust and fresh air intake. Two 18' ocillating fans and a low circ fan for the base of the plants.

THe grow room is clean and sterile, although it is a little crowded in there right now until about a week.

What am i missing, I dont get how it just went crazy! Thanks for your help

4. When the leaves touch each other for prolonged periods of time its almost guaranteed... Fans have to move every plant pretty often with fresh air to prevent this from happening.