Powdery mildew immune strains.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Jay_R_1787, Sep 14, 2017.

?

If you had to choose only one to smoke with for a day.

1. Willie Nelson

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Snoop Dog

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Ricky from trailer park boys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tommy Chong

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. As the title says has anyone discovered a strain that is immune to powdery mildew? I know there is gotta be some strains the won't accept the for the lack of better words "inoculation" of the mildew in the cell walls? For the sake of wasting time resources and effort on the ones I've already lost to the shit show of all shit shows.....for anyone else who's lost their "babies".....a moment of silence...........I feel your pain and share it with you. I just lost 3 today to save 4 others who have shown no signs.....yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. That's pretty slick. Thanks scoob you truly are a asset to the grow community. Cheers man!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is it even possible to get rid of it once it's established? Or is it a spray after you get it every 3 days kinda deal?

4. I've never tried to get rid of it on my squash plants outdoors and if i got it outdoors on weed I'd just chop it down and leave it in the woods.

5. Rip skunk 1 velvet bud and gorilla bomb....

6. They say a mix of water and peroxide kills PM

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

7. It kills the spores temporarily. Once it hooks into the plant it spreads within the plant.

• Like Like x 2
  8. There is a way I have heard on a micro level but I don't remember what that is. Ozone generator maybe...idr

9. @Chunk may hold a little light on the subject maybe?

10. Hey you haven't tried it yet remember.

Ive had PM twice this year on the same plant and I do almost nothing about it and it just goes away eventually.

The first time I do think I just cut off the whole branch because it was spreading.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. #12 Chunk, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Once pm sets in, a sulfur burner is probably the most efficient at killing spores. @BrassNwood swears by Greens Cure and uses it every 10 days or so as part of his IPM. Greens Cure is potassium bicarbonate which can be found generically for less money.

Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is about 80% as effective as potassium bicarbonate but can be used too.

There are also a lot of high dollar OMRI listed biological fungicides that are being used in recreational growhouses here in the PNW.

Beneficial Microorganisms - Evergreen Growers Supply, LLC

I keep up my IPM with neem and karanja oil and rarely have to deal with it but will use baking soda when I do. Good air circulation and exchange is also a must for control.

Don't even get me started on some of the breeding practices that have led to a lot the disease prone strains nowadays..............

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. @Chunk
    Growing outside in Southern California Powdery Mildew spore is rampant here. It's on everything once you start to look for it.
    Chunk is correct I use Green Cure weekly in alternation with BT for the caterpillars and that is really the only two controls I use now.
    Some strains are naturally more resistant. Sativa seems to be a bit more resistant as my Blue Dream high Sativa never gets as bad a case of it as the Indica strains do.
    My fastest flowering Indica strain always shows it if I don't get good coverage spraying Cure on her.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. #14 Jay_R_1787, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    So basically once you get it you have to control it amd keep after it. Well i guess i will be buying some green cure. Sucks my skunk 1 had it pretty bad. Which gave it 2 the other 2 plants beside it. I appriciate the insight on keeping it away from my grows. Cheers!

14. i dont think you can truly eliminate PM if it is present in your area. spores will be in the air outside. you just need to be vigilant with your IPM and never let it get a foothold.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Still got 2 big girls hope they stay safe and 2 clones as well not so great but they are better than nothing. 20170914_082446.jpg big girl #1 either hash passion or candy cream 20170914_082455.jpg big girl #2 Is either hash passion or candy cream

16. Cheese clone 20170914_083029.jpg

17. Gorilla bomb clone 20170914_083026.jpg

18. found this quote from Coot on PM, IIRC he once said the area he lives has a lot of PM everywhere:

19. Yeah I haven't sprayed neem for awhile because the sour livers was in the same room as the others.