Powdery Mildew 3 weeks before harvest. Can I Spray?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NugsNcheba, Mar 24, 2010.

1. I've got a white widow, a tropical collision and a mendo plant about three weeks out from harvest. I' m just barely starting to get some powdery mildew on the mendo. I cut away all the leaves that had powdery mildew on em, (there wasnt a whole lot). I also ordered a dehumidifier but it won't be here for a few days so for now i'm just tryin to keep the room opened up and the fans goin. Can i spray my mendo with safer brand fungicide so close to harvest? ...

2. Nugz mate try your hardest to get rid of your humidity before your dehumidifer comes, I really think you shouldnt spray your plant this close to harvest could really effect the taste. Sounds like a yummy plant you wouldnt want to fuck it up. Is it just your mendo? or is the widow and the trop effected?
    Good luck mate. MH

3. dont. just keep the rooms temp lower than normal. well if its a full room. id go all out, fans and all too. dont forget to wipe the powdery mildew off the leaves itself with some damp paper towels...maybe with a drop or so of lemon juice (kill the mildew?).....they also sell this stuff at lowes or whatever your local DIY store is. and its for wet basements. and its like a bucket and absorbs ALL water and humidity to keep mold, spores, etc...from forming. good luck man.

4. Do what the man says:) hahaha if you just wipe the mildew off you should be right, i wouldnt be spraying anything for sure.

5. thanks man. and wiping it off wont get it all...since water does not kill spores, only temporarily removes some but the remaining mulitply within a week, then its square one...if you dont mind doing that...be my guest. you could always buy a UV light or two...they kill bacteria.

6. thanks i'll just keeping wiping them for a few days. Right now its only on my mendo. I'm keeping a close eye on the other two but right now they're good. I got a trail of fans blowing out the door constantly and the humidity down to about 60%(still no bueno), i'm gonna go to home depot tomorrow and look for that moisture absorbing bucket.

7. Yeah dude just a heads up i would also probably seperate the plants as much as possible, because mildew is know to spread like butter, the worst thing that could happen is having your beautiful widow covered in it. Its alot harder to distingish white mildew on a white strain