Powder Mildew, can it be used to make nay type of hash?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by indtune, Nov 25, 2012.

1. I have a crop that might have a slight powder mildew problem. The only noticable trate of mold is a white powder that whisps off the bud when broken from the stem. The buds looks and smell fine, the inner stem looks ok (from what I can tell). I haven't been able to find any pitures of powder mold on dried buds.

can anyone help? If i assume there is powder mold present, can I make any kind of hash out of it?
    I am a medical patient with asthma, so I really want to be cautious about this.

Thanks!

2. Bubble hash will be fine, the mildew and most of the plant matter will float and the tricomes will sink so its a good way to seperate. You can also make some butter. If there is light mildew you can blow most of it off the buds and smoke or vaporize it with no issue.

3. alcohol extractions.....I understand the alcohol (everclear) kills off the mold. I have been told it is the only safe way to use moldy weed. My asthma is set off pretty severely by mildew. You might want to consider using a mask.

4. how about fuck no! throw that shit away. omg especially if you are going to sell it to other folks. This is why I grow and make my own shit so i know I'm not getting something made from a moldy plant.

5. Does anyone know the science on it? I want to avoid mold, nor would I want to share it with anyone else. One thing I am clear about is mold happens, it is everywhere.

Since I won't always know if the weed I use has mold or not, to be on the safe side, I have been processing with food grade alcohol for edibles. Is what I have been told true? Does it kill the mold?

6. i believe it kills the mold (as in it is dead) but does not remove spores and any chemicals produced by the mold which could still cause illness.

7. Right... If it was mold, Trash it is... But we're talking Powder Mildew. Mold and mildew are different. Some molds release toxins - some don't. Mildew, including PM, has no toxic qualities - it only acts as an irritant to those with respratory problems and/or low immune systems. That said...

I've been trimming the questionable product for a week now - no mask... No symptoms. My friends, after being told the issue, have smoked it. No symptoms. It's been in other hands for about 2 weeks now, and no negative feedback - everyone loves it.

I have taken some of the smaller buds and made BHO... Best wax I've ever made. Might be due to the fact that I used all buds this time, and better butane. Biggest dabs, smooth as butter, no coughs...

I'm still leary of smoking a ton of the bud, but after purchasing my girlfriend and I a couple G Pens, my breathing has actually been better. and No symptoms.

I'm going to try some ISO just for kicks.

But this wax... It's the bee's knees :D