Poverty in the U.S. Worse than Sierra Leone, Nepal, etc.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spliffington, Mar 29, 2018.

1. So educated...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Woke ass revolutionaries everywhere
    Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. What is considered poverty in the US is much different than poverty in other countries. Here most people that live in poverty have iPhones, WiFi, and are over weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Detroit needs to be leveled and turned into farm land

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don’t forget tattoos and piercings.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The irony is with America the way it is the young poverty-stricken child in the video we're likely end up a doctor or Professor or some s*** like that one day because the poor get certain levels of preference for all the scholarships except that the child's White

7. As long as the bloodthirsty pigs don't get him first, except if the child's white of course.

8. Obviously...

9. I think I saw at least two people mention tattoos, piercings, cell phones and other relatively costly examples of "items those in poverty have" in the US but as proof to what exactly?

Does it illustrate that they are bad at managing money or is it an example of why those in poverty should have all they need to not be in poverty because they have an internet connection and pocket computer?

Or is it a personal observation that you do not think people are poor if they outwardly appear to have... stuff?

I do not see how any of those things dispute those statistics directly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mismanagement of priorities and money in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. When I had to quit working my wife and I applied for aid. The requirement in our county wouldn't let us make over 38k with us and 3 dependents.
    Granted, that's enough for a single person to live here pretty decent. But just to show you what poverty is here. Definitely a relevant word.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Are you serious. 1 iPhone 7 is 739 usd. 1 usd=104 napalee rubee. Thats like 76 thausand rupees. How much shit costs in nepal.
    Cost of Living in Nepal

• Like Like x 1
  13. Their point is if you are spending money on drugs, tattoos and smartphones, which are luxuries, you can't really complain when you're short on rent. I've seen this first hand, plenty of people make more than enough money not to have financial problems, but they manage that money poorly and then complain about how "poor" they are.

The majority of people we designate "poor" in developed countries have more than enough food, own cars, own phones, have cable, etc.. People who are so destitute that they end up homeless for long periods or can't afford basic necessities (like food, clothing, shelter) end up like that because of dysfunctional behavior, not because of economic injustice or lack or opportunities.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sierra Leone's yearly minimum wage is $211.00 (per month) in International Currency. International Currency is a measure of currency based on the value of the United States dollar in 2009. There are 120 countries with a higher Minimum Wage then Sierra Leone, and Sierra Leone is in the bottom percent of all countries based on the yearly minimum wage rate.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ? Are you saying they only work one month a year?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ya. They get 11 month paid vacation at the local spa.

17. How many days paid holidays do you cowboys get?

18. I Don't get paid for holidays but the day off is well worth it for me. I get about 60 hours a week and I get 5 paid vacation days but no paid holidays.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1