POTTING STEPS + WATERING Q's

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by yeeee510, May 22, 2010.

1. Hey GC, im looking for someone with a little knowledge or experience on the subject, but everyones welcome!
    I've been reading people grow journals to see the problems they've encountered and solutions. what has been unclear to me is a solid method to stepping up pot sizes with good results and good watering techniques. any input??

ive heard of people flooding pots and then letting the water run through quickly as to suck oxygen down into the soil with as the water rushes through. good method? anyone used it? what are good watering practices in your experience?

what is a good rule of thumb when stepping up pot sizes how long should i wait and what is a realistic number of step ups and to what size pot for the best results??

i know its a lot of questions but i have no room for failure
    thanks! :smoke::smoke::smoke: :D

2. i have only had one other grow, but this one coming up next I am going right from my cup 16 oz. to a 3 gal bucket. The more you screw with them, the more stress you can put them in.

As far as wateing goes, it depends so much on the type of soil you are using and the conditions - humudity, heat/cold, air flow, etc. You need to get to know your pots, the weight of them when they are dry vs. wet or too wet, etc.. Also, strat watering your plants in measured amounts and see how long it takes before the soil on top is near crusty. The old finger a couple inches down into the soil is also a good test at first to get an idea how your plant and conditions are using up your watering. Just dont overwater and don't let them get to where they are drooping (too dry) every time you water.

need to just jump in and get going. you will catch on quick. have fun, man.

Jak