Potting soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by anticrom, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I've been spending a lot of money lately on Miracle-Gro potting mix. I'm filling a bunch of pots and its getting expensive. I buy the 2 cu ft for around $8-9 from Walmart. The soil around me is crappy. Its mostly clay or mud. Can anybody suggest some cheap substitutes for potting mix? Thanks!

2. you can use any pottin soil really, it all works. The miracle-grow potting mix might have high nutes that arent good for your plants, maybe you have chose the wrong stuff.

3. I was telling Sandman in his thread to goto a Lowes/Home Depot type store and look for their big bags of compost (don't know the cubic ft. they come in) but it's all relatively cheap. For an easy mix use 2parts potting soil to 1part composted manure, or just regular compost. Whatever you can find. I know at Lowes they have something called Mushroom Compost, works good. It's an easy soil mix that will do the job. When you're at the store getting soil, try looking for Fish Emulsion. It's a good fertilizer you might want to try if your soil is lacking in that department.