Pots Or Trash Cans?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ac20, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Ive seen alot of pictures of people having some pretty big grows outta trash cans as well pots.....the trash bin i have in my room is a small 3gallon trash bin the size of a rectangle....the small space i have should b big enough to fit 2 of these 3 gallon trash bins on both sides of the wall without any problem and i was thinkn i could pt a light right in that space in the middle seperating them perfectly...my question to the community is would i have the same outcome if i were using a pot? Would it be better or worse?

2. I would imagine it wouldn't make any difference. Its just a container, the size is the only important variable (not including things like smart pots vs ceramic). If you do use a garbage can make sure you put drainage holes in though.

3. #3 Freeborn, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    One of the other cloners for the hydro store his mother is in a 55 gal drum cut off 1/4 of the way down its a blue dream mother make the best clones good phenos and traits but she's in a huge pot I guess you could call itlol

Sent from iPhone 5

4. 10 gallon smart pots, buy them by the ten pack online to save $. Easier to move than the 15 or 20's and has enough space for roots to grow so you can maximize indoor yields potential. don't buy the off brands that are made with degradable materials and sprayed with copper sulfide to prevent them breaking down.

5. ^ Smart pots are they way to go... Thinking of using 65gallons and a few 100 gallons this summer :)