potheads

Discussion in 'General' started by GrandaddyPurps, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Was wondering what does everyone here consider a pothead/stoner? Do you believe you are a pothead? DO most people view this as good or bad?

2. Me:
    Stoner- Someone who responsibly enjoys smoking cannabis.

Pothead- Someone who constantly smokes whatever weed they can get just like a crackhead.
    And is irresponsible and lazy like a stereotypical pot smoker.

Be a stoner, not a pothead.

3. i think of potheads as people who get hyper and crazy when they smoke and stoners as people who are more chill when they smoke. neither smokes more than the other. just how i picture everything in my head,

4. I smoke weed 5+ times a day. I do not consider myself a pothead. I go to all my classes, get all my work done, hold a steady job, and maintain a 3.4 GPA.... I consider my self a heavy but responsible user.

5. after reading this, i call myself a responsible stoner.:D

6. I dont smoke as much as I would like to and I dont consider myself a stoner becausae of the low amounts that i smoke. I only smoke on weekends, but on weekends ill probably smoke about 4 times.

7. You're thinking of um.... crack
    pot doesn't reward the user nearly enough pleasure elicit such desperation.

I see these as simple slang terms for all kinds of people who enjoy cannabis and nothing more.
    I see no connotations of negativity associated with either of these terms and can tell no difference is usage between the two.

8. thought i might give my views also, forgot to add them, from where i am from stoners and potheads are the same thing, and people consider both not the best things. For me I agree with what most of you said I smoke afew times a week, but weed has not taken over my life and I can still get stuff done. So i consider myself neither

9. i think i am a recreational cannabis user...i think pothead is wayyyyyy to deragatory and stoner fine but it depends on who and how it is used

10. i think pothead has a ngative connotation, at least where i'm from, the preferred term is stoner, i don't really think of myself as either though. i feel like if you're a pothead/stoner then pot in the #1 thing in life for you, and for me it isn't i like women and stories better, i like to think of myself as a person who smokes weed really good

11. where im from, both terms have a kind of bad connonation. i try not to label myself, i just say i smoke weed.

to me, a stoner is someone who smokes daily
    a pothead is someone who feels like they have to be high all the time, or has to be high to enjoy everyday kind of things

12. I'm definitally not a pot head, im more of a chill, laid back smoker... no fiend that needs it every day

13. stoner and pothead remind me of something a parent would call their kid when they are mad...when i wanna know if someone smokes i just say "does he smoke" or suntin....labels are tricky cuz different people take them different ways.

14. words are translations of thought to a label. everyone on here is a pothead and everyone on here is a stoner. UNLESS you dont smoke. Now, i dont think youre a pot head if youve never bought a bag and smoke weed w/e another non-pothead has a bag and you take a few hits then go get drunk. i smoke everyday. so does pry everyone else on here. us=stonerheads

15. just my opinion:

stoner: barley acceptable word to refer to marijuana users, better word to use would be smoker
    pothead: derogatory word used by prohibitionists to refer to marijuana users, used by ignorant, discriminatory people to insult individuals who hurt no one (including themselves) by choosing to use marijuana for medicinal, recreational or other purposes.

16. Honestly, I hate the word pothead. When that word comes to mind, I think of parents and arrogant bitches yelling about vandals and potheads..it's just weird. If there was a "racist" word to be used to people who smoke cannabis, pothead would be it.
    So..that leaves me to be a responsible stoner who is successful in life :D

17. Actually, I see both of them used in condescening ways by authority.

18. when i was in 10th grade this girl always called me a pothead but in a joking way. it kinda pissed my off though. i prefer the term stoner because the suffix -head makes it sound like a dangerous addicting drug.
    i smoke 2-4 times a week during the school year (don't really count during the summer). am i stoner? hmmmm

19. I'd have to say I'm more of a stoner than a pothead. Because when I hear pothead I think kid who's always high and always begging to get smoked up or is always talking about it. But when i hear stoner, i think real laid back. Doesnt talk to much about it, its an unspoken thing. Plus just more laid back and is only a recreational user.

20. I think stoners are more chill and smoke alot and listen to reggae or UB40 or sublime. Potheads smoke alot of pot, probably more than stoners and are more active than stoners in my opinion. Put it this way, if you can roll a decent blunt your a pothead. Rolling blunts and joints is not easy.