Pothead stereotypes?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by BloodIsGreen, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Do any of you ever get frowned upon for being a marijuana smoker? In my eyes there isn't a problem with it. I live my life like any other human being except I'm stoned about half the time but nothing bad ever happens. I've noticed many people are afraid or think of me as a delinquent if I am smoking in public. Does this happen to you guys too? Feel free to share some stories lol I'm pretty bored. (Hope this is in the proper section I'm new)

2. Yes I get stereotyped a lot.. Not just for bein a stoner.. But for a lot of shit.. It sucks sometimes but most of the times I have my I dont give a fuck attitude n I feel like nothin can effect me

3. I usually don't give a fuck but it just hit me since I had a talk with my dad about weed and why I smoke. So many people feel like its a BAD thing. Now I know it isn't good but it definitely isn't as bad as how many people make it seem.

4. Is this how I reply to u? I'm so fucking lost

5. I reread it n it makes perfect sense to me.. Fix ur eyes lol

6. It makes sense to me too I just wanted to know if I have to quote u to reply and I do .-.

7. No. u dont have to quote (Like this) N u still kno who im talkin to. See.

8. When i think of "pothead" i think of Jeff Spicoli.

9. I have tattoos everywhere, including hands, face and neck. Combined with me smoking bud 24/7... people always act scared of me. Hahaha.

~One Love~

10. Welcome to GC, man. You'll get the hang of it lickety-split. :smoke:

I think we all experience being frowned upon for smoking pot in one way or another. Fortunately, most of us know the truth about marijuana and don't put too much thought into what other people think.

And anyone who says that weed isn't beneficial for you hasn't seen Granny's List. There's a seemingly endless list of pros to having a toke.

11. Yup, potheads are frowned upon but, they are some of the coolest, smartest, and most open-minded people i've met in my life.

12. It all depends on what you have to show for yourself in the end.

People who i know that talk about how smoking bud is "bad" or "irresponsible" often hold people that have achieved a lot academically or financially at high esteem.

So you can kind of stick it to them if you're the guy/girl who has achieved a lot and has everything to show for it, and smokes marijuana regularly xD

Stereotypes are a lazy excuse..

13. Yes i get stereo typed a lot. My home town is relatively rural and me and my parents are kind of the "neighborhood hippies". A lot of people that live near us think we're crazy or really strange or we are druggies. However a lot of people here are very kind and accepting of us as we are of them so that's kind of how we decide who our real friends are hahaha. Also in high school I had really long hair like middle of my back and gauged ears so a lot of rednecks ( dont like that word it's also a stereotype but the only way i know to describe them) called me a queer stoner but thats highschool so what do you expect.

14. So true.

15. That's very true. My best friend smokes 2-4 times a day (at school) and a few times a night with me and he goes to one of the best colleges in Montreal (my hometown/city). While keeping his grades 75% or higher. But as for me I don't go to school but I get by just fine. I do my job very well (that I'm high at 80% of the time) and I'm returning to school in 16 days.

16. Fuck stereotypes. They only exist because some people feel like they have to label everything and that's no way to live. I'm glad I am who I want to be and I don't let what other people think have any influence on how I choose to live my life. If they want to remain close minded little perfect whatever you want to call its, that's cool, but I'm going to do what I want. :bongin:

17. I wish the word "pot" didn't even exist.

I literally never use that to refer to weed.

I hate the sound of it, and the way angry parents say it.. "pot!"

Ugh

18. Lol my mom says "I want u to stop doing drugs!" "Stop bringing drugs in the house!" "I smell drugs!" Its so funny. But she makes me feel like a druggie and clearly I'm not.

19. The first stoners I knew were all amazing, successful people, so the idea that weed smokers are lazy, forgetful, and don't accomplish anything never really set in for me. The smartest, most creative kids in my high school. The astronomy professor who I did a research internship with, and most of the astronomers on Kitt Peak. Physicists I've known.

The point is, awesome people smoke weed and remain awesome. They know how to have a good time and not let one thing dominate their lives and change their priorities.

Foolish people let weed distract them from school or work, get lazy because sitting in front of the tv is so much fun when high, etc.
    People who suck continue to suck when they smoke.

20. I love the word pot dude. it makes me feel nostalgic about smokin. "hey dude lets go smoke some pot" or "lets go buy a sack of pot" but parents do use it a lot to be bitchy:rolleyes:.