Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Potentially stupid question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SoothSounds, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I'm wondering what affects how long an edible high lasts. Like, if you wanted to stay high all day, would you take one large dose or would you stagger them a bit?

I ask because I'm going to be traveling to a legal state, and I thought it might be fun to try and see how long I can stay high after getting through security on the return back home. I don't plan on attempting to bring anything with me, this is more of an experiment/for-fun kind of thing.

Ideally, I'd be coming down on the ride back home from the airport at my final destination. But I'd have to stay high for a total of 10-ish hours considering the layovers and flight lengths. Could just one really strong edible do this? My plan was to start with one about an hour before the flight, another one a half hour after that, and then scarf one down before going through security.

Considering that it takes them a while to kick in, do you think this would suffice to stay baked for the journey? I'd like to add that I know the dangers of overdoing it on edibles and I've had them a few times before, so during the vacation itself I'd be building up my tolerance as much as possible and seeing what I could handle before the grand finale. I want to be high for quite a while but I don't want to be stupid and miss a gate on my layover.

If there's a thread I should be looking at for this let me know, worst case scenario I'll be coming down towards the end of my trip and still have a nice after-high once I get home.

If you actually put yourself through reading this then thank you!

2. The bigger the dose the longer it lasts and the earlier you feel the effects. Taking too much will make you feel miserable so if you want to enjoy the trip, use caution.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. I tried this on a trip from US to Italy, using one of my best sleepy strains, but it didn't work very well.
    The stress of travel can apparently inhibit the high in some of us, because a friend flying with me had the same problem. We were trying for sleep on a red eye flight.
    The same strain worked well in the more relaxed days after the flight landed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dont take too much... I do only edibles and my opinion... when I take too much it feels uncomfortable because of the intensity of the high... I end up sleeping for 5-6 hours and even after I stand up, I'm wasted like sh#t for hours

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tho Cactus is correct ..a noobie or 'smart' toker would see to and manage his tolerance level

rather than down 5 grams at once ..consider taking say 1g followed by another 2 hours later and so on

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I suggest taking the dose you plan to take on the trip a few days early and adjust the dose based on the effects.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. you mean totally shitfaced on departure and arrival ...lolol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hopefully testing the dose a few days early would help avoid disaster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The way you can disaster your self from edibles is not to compare to smoking... be careful! Second thing is - own produced edibles are the way to go! Look at the thread "Hallucinating hash capsules..." its pinned on top. This oil can be used as described - in capsule's, you can use MCT instead of coconut oil to use it in dropper if you like, so you can go dripping your...coffee, thee, sandwich... whatever you want. This became my only method of use! I dont smoke anymore, so I use only hash caps/oil. I have some hash tincture too, maded following the recipe from "Another tincture thread..." (also pinned on top) but although tinctures hit you fast... the work out pretty fast... but edibles waste me for the whole day. For example - if I use 5 drops of tincture sublingual I will be wasted in 5-10minutes, but after 2 hours it will work out. If I take 5 drops of my hash oil it will hit in like... 30mins to 1 hour, but it will be 2-3 times harder... and it will hold me for good 10hours for sure! Taking more than needed wont make your trip longer, but it will make it more intensive... this is cool, but not on edibles... you dont want to be inadequate and unable to do anything for 10hours... do you? I've done that and for sure... I will not do it twice. Once more - dont compare the effects of smoking with the effects of edibles... they are not to compare... that much wasted I can get from eating edibles is not to achieve by smoking... I say it from my own experience after almost 10 years of smoking.

10. Keep in mind edibles are way stronger per gram then smoking-vaping is. This is your Liver changing Delta-9-THC into it's badassed brother 11-Hydroy-THC.

Experiment several times before your flight so your not so hammered you can't walk or talk. (very possible)
    Just exactly a year ago this week I flew Los Angeles Ca. to Charlotte SC. and was dialed real tight for the ride.
    Spent the first half of the ride just blazing and staring out the window. I finally got my shit together enough to put my headphones in and relax a bit mid flight.
    Was still so roasted when we landed it took me an hour to find baggage claim. :)

Home made edibles using Coconut oil and lecithin will last you a good 8-10 hours but can be overwhelming if you take to much so do practice beforehand and enjoy your flight.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes ( weed-hash on a cookie sheet uncovered in oven. )

5 grams Kief-Hash-powdered buds.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin ( power doubler )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done

Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules @ 150mg each.

Wickedly strong and long lasting this is the medication I make and take every day for my little medical issue.
    It never gets old, Doesn't seem to build a tolerance. Will stomp you like you have never been before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A toaster oven and small stainless steel cat food dishes are all that I use for this.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

I start new users at a single drop of this.
    [​IMG]

Yes it IS that strong when done with Kief or Hash.
    Take one drop and wait 2 full hours. Not stoned take 1 or 2 more. Wait 2 full hours. Not high take 2 more and wait again.
    Repeat as needed until stoned. Keep track of how many drops it takes to do the job.

Wait a few days and repeat starting with the required number of drops. :) While slow this is the safe route to find your ideal edible dosage.
    1 caution. Smoking when on edibles can multiply the stone all out of proportion to what you expect and send you Zooming way the hell out there.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  11. An eye dropper and its oil

direct to the horizontal tongue

will save on the plastic?

lol

12. I do that with MCT oil instead of coconut, but I do make caps also! Caps seems to hit faster! MCT oil work just as good... you can use it your coffee, thee, sandwich or whatever you want... I like to drip it on my tongue and lick it like... I wont say it, but the taste so good... like god female e*aculation inside your mouth <3 if god was woman, her va*ina will taste like that! And ofcourse... 1 hour ago I tasted this very same stuff again... I love it!

13. Thanks for all your replies, some real useful info here. Definitely appreciate the cautious input as well, the goal is to be high but still have enough coordination to travel. We'll see what happens!

• Like Like x 2