Potentially Perpetual... 2 Tents and a dream

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by endive, May 11, 2011.

1. Hey Zipper!

[​IMG]
    Blackberry cuttings in the Veg-Tent

They've really picked up over the last few days. Single fingered, smooth leaves are giving way to single and 3-fingered with wide jagged serrations. I want to bush them out a bit, get more cuttings then bloom them.

Speaking of booming growth, the Blue Mystic auto has almost tripled in size over the past 5 days.
    [​IMG]
    Compare this to the pic in the previous post

[​IMG]

The yellow-ish cuttings are the Jock Horrors. They were in smaller pots and their growth over the past week depleted their small pots, they were transplanted yesterday, I expect them to green up in 2 or 3 days.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile the "doner" Jocks are doing fine. Jock #2 is at day 28 of bloom, Jock #1 is at day seven of bloom.
    [​IMG]
    L to R: Jock Horror #2, Jock Horror #1, and Blue Mystic Offspring #2

2. #22 zipper09, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    Yeah once those clones kick in get ready for them to start to become bushes! They will be perfect for your scrog! Not sure if you saw mine, but looked similar to yours, now it looks like this with some training! This is about 3 weeks old.

Attached Files:

3. Wow... Forever it seemed elusive, the nine to eleven week harvest window, and that wasn't counting the six week veg & 12/12 transition time. There were the lighting changes, moving stress, heat issues... Then suddenly trichome colors dictated I rethink my logic. Indeed, due to a calendaring error, the window was upon me.

I usually have a favorite picked, this grow was no exception, it was BB #1.
    [​IMG]
    Blackberry #1 bud tip
    Her dense, waxy, deep green growth and propensity to purple her tips made her a stand out. Trichomes on the upper leaf surface were 80% milky, with a smattering of withering amber heads and a few remaining clear resin globules. The leaf undersides were nearly all milky. Tests from the under-screen trimmings of the previous week showed true potential, effects hit quick and pretty hard.

BB #2 is no slouch though, a bit shaggy or leafier but also much more sticky & frosted with trichomes. She was at 50/50 milky to clear, but early med checks proved she could be potentially devastating, so I took the chance of an early clipping for a more "uppy" effect.

[​IMG]
    Blackberry #1 on the left, Blackberry #2 on the right.

[​IMG]
    One of the larger colas from Blackberry #1

[​IMG]
    A tri-cluster of fat nuggets off of Blackberry #2

[​IMG]
    All of the prime pieces of Blackberry #2, trimmed & ready to dry.

[​IMG]
    The best buds & colas off of Blackberry #1

Everything is in jars and is probably ready to be weighed. All that time in to this grow and I'm certain this is the smallest harvest yet. I'm hoping for 3oz+, I figure a smaller harvest will be a fair trade-off if I can get some serious flavors & aromas in the cured & finished meds, as quantity wasn't really the focus. I just hope the Blackberry meds are around long enough for Jock #2 to mature (about 5 more weeks ±).

e.

May you never have to buy... er, donate for meds again!
    - an Oregonian proverb

and in the end
    the bud you take
    is equal to the bud...
    you make.

4. The Early Report...

The early fluff stuff left me unimpressed regarding smoothness & taste, but that is to be expected. The effects were quite nice though.

As we begin to tap into the primo pieces, I find that surprisingly BB#2 is smoother and noticeably more potent. It offers what I call more of a "beenie" than a "headband" effect, that you feel instantly, you also begin to smile more liberally, whatever you're sitting on becomes more comfortable, or you instinctively will seek out a comfortable spot to chill for about 15 minutes, after that initial 15, you're back up & good to go for a while!

BB #1 has an awesome "uppy high" that you feel throughout your body. A good anti-depressant effect, for the lack of a better term. So far, though coming around, still not as good as BB#2, but is less of an initial head-kicker and more of a sneak attacker. People who usually do smaller doses can easily consume a few hits too many before it really kicks in. Once she loosens her initial grip, you feel quite "aware" but not paranoid, making it easy to focus on what ever you're doing, but time may fly from you.

[​IMG]
    The best of Blackberry #1, dried, ready for weighing and then the curing jar.

[​IMG]
    The yield on Blackberry #1 was a bit lower than I hoped, but they do look good.

[​IMG]
    Blackberry #2's buds, freshly dried, getting weighed, then off to the cure jars

[​IMG]
    Blackberry #2's dried weight was a bit on the lighter side, time will tell in regard to quality.

So far in my limited farming endeavor, 'potent' isn't a problem at all. The holy grail I'm after has been that connoisseur, sweet taste. I know this strain should offer some unique flavor/aromas and I cut them as close to peak and just past peak as possible, so, this time around it boils down to 2 possible areas:

1. Proper flushing - I could/should have done a better flushing of the roots, though everything burns nice & even with a light gray/white ash

2. The Cure - My first crop dried too quickly, the second was much better, but many pieces got too dry, too quickly. I've really slowed things down on the drying and now that everything is jarred, I toss in an occasional fresh leaf in when things feel too dry.​

I hope one day to grow well enough to be able to let my meds cure before I need to get into them. ;)

Learning is always a top priority, this grow no different, SCROGS aren't scary anymore... mostly.

Be well everyone!

Here is to the day when our paths can cross and we are free to share the goodness of our gardens without persecution.

5. From the Bloom-Room

Jock Horror #2, week 9 bloom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Getting the hang of the camera on my new phone, so it's not the best pic...

[​IMG]
    One of the tops, headed for the cure.

7. Very nice! How are those "Dr. Suess" clones looking? I bet they are branching like crazy! I got about 4 more weeks till my harvest! The blue dream is soooo good!

8. :eek:GREAT colors!! Makes my mouth water just looking at them.:p

9. Nice grow. I'll be hanging out if you don't mind. Excellent buds and cool little set-up, this thread needs more love.

10. #30 endive, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Thus far my attempt at scheduling plants from seedlings and cuttings to blooming is working out. I appear to be on the surplus side of things, so I won't be running out between harvests/drying/curing. Well, that's the plan anyway.

Jock Horror #2 yielded well over 4oz of absolute primo bud, with another heavy ounce of the lower buds, while not as tight, they are every bit as trichome covered and tasty!

Jock #1 looks to be ready within the next 14 days...
    [​IMG]
    Jock #1​

Blue Mystic Oddball auto's trichomes are going amber. She'll be coming down this weekend.
    [​IMG]

11. The Blue Mystic Offspring Autoflower - Harvested, dried, weighed & cured

[​IMG]
    Blue Mystic Offspring #1, the only one to auto so far. Shown at 8 weeks bloom.

[​IMG]
    Some buds are nice & dense, some thin & spindly. All are well coated in aromatic, viscous trichomes

[​IMG]
    A few of the tips were kind of lanky, but there were more than enough trichomes to make it worth keeping.

[​IMG]
    I had guestimated 3/4 oz or 21 grams. 48g!!! Fortunately I was a bit off.

[​IMG]
    Up close & personal - Blue Mystic Autoflower​

12. Very nice man! I want some of that!!! Yummy!! I need to look into some autos... There is so many it would be hard to choose. It's really hard for me to do anything but the Blue Dream, it just grows so dam big and produces some of the best weed I have smoked in a long time! I just harvested as well, take a look!

13. Impressive! You should be a spokesperson for Nirvana, I love "their" strains. I contiplated BlackB, but went with Papaya instead(....and NL, and WW, and Bubba, and Ak-48!ha ha)
    Looking great!

14. This is amazing thanks, somebody make this a sticky

15. Hi endive, WOW! sorry I missed this one buddy. It has been a while since we last talked.
    Where to start;) Well first let me say, Fantastic job! as usual, The Ladies look Great!! And as far as the Multispectral light show, Awesome! :D

I have to go to work, but i'll check back in on ya;)
    Peace endive.

Pilgrim

16. It's been a long while... Too long. I hope many of you are still around!

Life got the better of my family and I and it took some time to bounce back. But I am as back to my abnormal self as I may ever be.

The tent(s) did go on during everything, but journaling took a back seat.

In short...

After the Blue Mystic Auto, came the Northern Light Autos:

[​IMG]
    Day 21 Bloom, Week 6 from seed

[​IMG]
    Week 7 from seed

[​IMG]
    Week 6 of Bloom, Week 9 from seed

[​IMG]
    She is absolutely beautiful! The buds aren't massive, but they are rock hard and plentiful.

[​IMG]
    Three of the Northern Light Autos (in back)

[​IMG]
    NLA #1 at harvest »

[​IMG]
    Nugs form NLA #3 »

Next chapter:
    And then, life threw down some challenges...

17. Yes endive, Life does throw some crap sometimes:mad: But we always seem to find a way:smoke:
    Your Ladies look Great!! And those NLA's Budz look Fantastic too!! I thought I was subed, I am now:D for Any future activity in here. That's why it took me so long to reply:eek: .
    Speaking of Life's Curves:( I have had to go to a Perpetual grow, Our oldest Daughter was diagnosed with Cancer(Sarcoma's) Very BAD Cancer. I don't mean to drop the Big C word in here, just letting you know what iv'e been up against:wave: I have Made the Phoenix Tears, and she is on them now, "Rick Simpson Oil" = Phoenix Tears, I used 457 grams, mostly Blackberry and some Snow white a little Bubblelicious.. She is responding well so far.
    Any way endive, I hope you had A Great Christmas & New Year, I'm tuned in if ya have another grow ya have time to post up, Peace man, Keep yer Chin up :smoke:

Pilgrim

18. Due to the unpredictability of life, we leave where we were, and join the grow currently in progress...

The Bloom Tent, as of Mar 14, 2012
    [​IMG]
    The PG-400 Test Tent​

Though the Blue Mystic remains short, it is a wide, stout plant and looks to easily be one of the best ever from that set of cuttings. The Jock Horror (a genetic Jack Herer) continues to extend its colas and fill them with a plethora of white hairs and trichomes. This is the “sativa” phenotype of the strain and a with its thin leaves and long branching allowing light in all the way to the main stem, it perfect contender for growing out a tall, bushy plant for indoor grows.

The smallest of the round 2 plants, AI #4 impresses with her "Fruity Pebbles" meets hashy-sandalwood scent.
    [​IMG]

The Aurora Indica plants #3 and #4, the furthest along in bloom are coming into their own. #4 the smallest of the round 2 plants, is at about 43 days into bloom had some deficiency issues (common with certain phenos of the AI strain) a few weeks ago that set her back a little. After a good root flush, she's been bouncing back with ample new white hairs and trichomes everywhere.

[​IMG]
    Aurora Indica #3 at early week 6 of bloom.​

AI #3 is about day 36 of bloom and her tentacle like branches of foot long colas are covered in gnarly white hairs. She continues to pack on new growth at an amazing pace and has had no signs of the nutrient issues that #4 has had, though they are in the same soil mix.

Our Blackberry is looking very “Kush”. Our previous runs were more of a sativa looking phenotype that was good, but not what we were looking for in a “blackberry”. Blackberry #3 is a thick, dense, branchy plant, and at only day 16 of bloom looks like she will continue to impress for a long time more.

[​IMG]
    Blackberry #3 is stacked with dense colas.​

Our Jock Horror, which is a genetic Jack Herer in heritage, is looking nothing short of amazing!!! This is the Sativa-like phenotype, that grows long lanky branches that fill out into thick long colas. Though Jocks are ready in about 9 weeks, if you let them go another one or two, they will reward you with amazing meds that cover a wide gamut.

[​IMG]
    This is a stellar Jock Horror (Jack Herer) sativa phenotype!​

19. Nice update endive,, Girls are lookin Awesome!! That Blue Mystic, to me is a Must have, if for no other reason than Taste/flavor..

Peace
    Pil

20. As you can see from the date stamps on the pics, I'm 3 weeks behind on updates, Im still trying furiously to keep up with things.....

The plants have taken very well to the Pro-Grow 400 – LED grow light, same as last round, but having plants that are more matured going into bloom has made a huge difference in the overall amount of bud growth and bud sizes.

[​IMG]

Our Blue Mystic “D” is just as impressive and mystical as each past grow with her. This round, she is a dense but compact, well branched “christmas tree”, about as wide as she is tall. She has her classic “dill” aroma, and trichomes galore! At just one month into bloom, the next 4 – 5 weeks should be impressive!

[​IMG]
    Almost ready to get root flushed, & a pre-harvest trim! Aurora Indica #4, week 8 Bloom.​

Aurora Indica #4, is at week 8 of bloom and very close to being ready for harvest. Her fan leaves are showing signs of age & stress. Mg and K deficiencies show through, regardless of the flushing & feeding, it may be in kind to strain trait, I think. Her buds however are continuing to swell & add-on more white hairs & growth, we may let her run 10 weeks… Maybe.

[​IMG]

Not to be out shined is Aurora Indica #3, the larger of the two. Plant #3′s colas are thicker and she shows much less stress or deficiency issues than her sibling, though she was put into bloom a week or two later. Both Aurora plants feature thick, sweet aromas, reminiscent of Northern Light meets Fruity Pebbles cereal.

We have one Aurora Indica seed remaining, I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer, but the cuttings from 3 & 4 should suffice us for a while.

Only 4 weeks into bloom and Blackberry is looking good!
    [​IMG]

And lastly Lock Horror...
    [​IMG]
    Our Jock (Jack Herer) begins to pack on some gnarly bud growth!​

More to come...