Potential Problem - Pics included 2nd 3rd post

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nonfiction, Jan 9, 2014.

1. #1 nonfiction, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    PICS ON REPLY

What type of medium; soil or hydro? COCO
    What brand and type of soil? botanicare coco
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain? thc bomb
    How old are the plants? monthish from seed sprouting
    What type of lights and how many watts? 400w hps
    How far from the lights? it's hanging vertically, almost directly under 10 inches maybe?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? tap water with tds around 180

1/8/2014 17:50:12 Small THC Bomb Canna veg a+b sweets nutriplus gold 1040 6.2 r
    unoff
    859 6.3

was last watering cycle
    1/7/2014 21:56:53 Small THC Bomb Canna veg, liquid karma, sweets 923 5.8
    runoff
    686 6.1  

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? huidity stays low, basement room between tents is where my humidity meter is, never gets over 35% or i turn on dehumidifer, i have a flower tent too, temps never exceed 27 or open window to -20c weather which lowers humidity
    What size pots? it's in a idk 1gal maybe 2gal pot?
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info think its calmag prob but idk if im under feeding over feeding, im studying coco feeding with every water or like hightimes suggested day 1 feed, day 2 water ph day 3 nothing.... any suggestionS?

2. No flash[​IMG]Flash[​IMG]Also what's this signs of?[​IMG]I has a feeling magnesium is partOf solution

3. All same plant

4. tends to be lighter colour between veins which are darker, only on big fan leafs, nothing on new growth,heavy calmag along side feeding the solution?

5. Don't know much about coco but if the numbers u posted were ppm, seems high to me for 1 month old. Maybe cut that in half. Just a thought. Seems like everything else is in order

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yes very minor, but i want to 1) nip it in butt early, 2) learn from mistakes regardess of size, today is ph tap water day then nothing tomorrow so i'll let ya know how it turns out

i've been doing 

300ish first week
    500 second-third
    750 third-fourth

but tap water is around 180 plus i heard botanicare increases ppm too much to get accurate reading so was more so following instructions on bottle, minus a bit because i am using additives (im using so many diff companies btw)

i find if i add 5.8ph water i get 6..1 run off, do i just need to run more water through?

7. #11 mmman, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014

PH your water down to 5.5/5.6 and water. Ca and Mg doesn't bind well with Coco, so make sure you use Cal/Mag.

8. okay flushed with tap water 5.8ph intil run off was 587 ppm hanna runofff was same ph also.... hopefully will bounce back up? or should i be flushing until around 200ppm

9. do you use calmag every watering (as well as feeding) even if using tap water?

Use the Cal/Mag when you feed and don't overdose the plants with to much ferts.

11. updated graph

graph.jpg

12. and run off ppm is what's important for coco right? not the mix itself? but the runoff? or both? im trying to understand why there's such drastic difference while some plants seem like theres absolutely no buffer... dwc you just write changes and if it goes up its too strong, is there a way to do this with coco?

Ppm's are good to measure, and yes it's the run-off ph that tells you which direction to proceed if plant need a bit of correction.

14. You were supposed to click on the goggle links to view the ph manifesto.