Potential issues with my grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by B-loved MJ, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hey everyone,
    I have a grow going right now thats a mini box grow. its a growbox thats 4' tall by 3'wide and 1 1/2 ' deep. I have a 150W HPS vented hood light in there, thats being cooled by a 4" inline 80CFM fan. this fan also vents the entire box. it stays about 70-80 all the time. well, since space is a prime in my grow, I have three ladys being grown Via Scrog growing. they all have been trained into a screen the same size as the box, and it keeps them bushy and bountiful. well, they are a litte over a month into flowering, and all the buds and everything look good, but I do have a small spider mite issue. I have been treating them with Neem oil every2-5 days along side having lady bugs as a active predator.

well, being they are a month into flowering, they still have some time to go before they are harvested, the strains I have mature in ten weeks. so I currently have a plant that is sheding alot of its larger, but lower fan leaves that are not recieving alot of light ( the plants above the screen are shading them), but before it sheds them- the leaves turn yellow and get small dots( looks more from spider mites). is the lack of light causing them to shred them or the small amount of damage from spider mites? possibly is the neem oil hurting the plants?

also I have a plant that has probibly 6 main colas threw the screen, and probibly two of the main cola's leaves are starting to really yellow. they arent weak and frail acting like they are going to fall off, they are just turning slightly yellow. is this from the plant eating all of its nitrogen? I feed them Ionic Bloom + Ionic boost+ Budswel Bat Guano in really small quanities . the concentration I usually use is about 25% of what the labels recommend, even when added together to get the nute's total value. ( im a believer that less goes along way) . is it possible they could be getting too many nutes? maybe not enough.

I mixed in some dolomite lime into my soil before I transplanted them. so I think it couldnt be a PH issue, could it?

any info would help thanks.

2. It isnt the neem oil for certain!!, it should have killed the lady bugs:confused:

did you buy the 70% concentrate neem oil? or maybe your not using enough

as to the plants yellowing and spots .....

complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...collect & test the PH of this runoff water....post both the watering going in the pots and the runoff ph
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots is the rule of thumb but may require much more flushing if the rootball is thick & sour
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush
    add 1/2 strength PH balanced nutes to the last gallon of the flush.

Grasscity Deals Near You