Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Potency

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ClassySmoker, Jun 8, 2012.

1. #1 ClassySmoker, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    So, I'm going to make a cannabis edible, and I was just curious: Would it be better to use a half-gram of kush, or 2g of regular? For a single-serving dish, which would prove more potent?

Thank you in advance for your assistance, I love this forum. Added a lot to my recipes-to-try booklet already.

Heh, sorry if this is a silly question. I'm relatively new to the wonderful world of edibles, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

2. Even if the kush has 3 times higher THC levels, then I would guess the regular is still going to yield higher potency.

3. Use the reggies! i have experimented with both, and concluded that 1g of reggie/mids will yield as potent of a brownie as 1g dank.

4. Haha, alright Taterboy! Thank you. So you suggest only using half of the reg? Cool, some leftover to smoke with.
    Thanks again, Happyfunball and taterboy,
    Stay baking/baked.

5. honestly, id use 2 g of the reggie if you want a really strong edible. 1 g will get you high, but not fucked up

6. Hm.. Well, I've still got pretty low tolerance, so maybe 1.5g will work wonders~

7. id aim for about 2 grams, more the better =p

8. Save the good stuff for the bowl.

9. just put the 2g's in there otherwise it could end up being a waste. and yeah, save the good stuff for a bowl

10. how is that even possible? Dank should have 2-4x as much thc/cannabinoid content. The only reason to use the reggie is to be cost efficient, since those 2grams could/should be cheaper.

I nearly always cook with dank or AVB, and i can say dank works waayyy better than abv (comparable to reggies) gram per gram. It just doesn't seem logical to me.

11. Use the same amount of reggie that you would normally smoke.

12. I couldnt explain the science to you, but in my previous experience, cooking with dank is just as potent as cooking with mids. Dank has more THC content, but mids have more CBN content. I know that for sure but idk if it has anything to do with the problem. :smoke:

13. That is....not true at all. Unless you can back that up with a source I've never seen; Mids generally have more CBN/CBD's than THC but that doesnt mean dank is going to have less CBN/CBD's than your reggies, Dank has more of everything than mids; theres even strains of dank that are grown to optimize the amount of CBD/CBNs and make them CBD/CBN heavy as opposed to THC heavy

14. The quality of what you start with is always relative to the quality of what you end up with.

15. CBN is THC that has degraded into CBN. How i see it, mids is herb with a lower potency due to lower cannabinoid content. CBN is also known to give you the more sleepy and relaxing effects, but you can't say mids can't give you a nice head-high. From my experience, only using more mids can lead to the same effect as using a certain amount of dank.

But if you experience it that way, who am i to say you are wrong

16. there are some strains of cannabis that tend to have higher concentrations of CBN/CBD...However most dank tends to be higher in THC because the growers harvest when many of the trichomes are still milky. When they hairs turn an amber color, the bud will be higher in CBN/CBD content. This being said, yes, i agree with you that some dank has high CBD/CBN but mids still are most cost effective/potent in brownies. That is my opinion and i have tested it with friends with different batches of brownies/ buds.

If you are interested in further reasearch, you can buy some mids and buy some dank and use a gas chromatograph to test the CBN/CBD concentration in mids and dank yourself. :smoke:

Cannabis Chemistry, Science, Marijuana Science, Research Facts and Education