Potency of home made Cannabis e-Liquid?

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Indica Kush, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Hi guys, I have never vaped in my life and I have never touched an e-cig or a vape pen. With that being said, I just ordered an EGO-T pen and I intend to make my own e-Liquid for it, because I live in Europe and I can't order pre-made Cannabis-based e-Liquid.
    The way I am going to do is this: I will be using a hair straightener to squeeze rosin out of cured dry buds and then I will be mixing the rosin with VG/PG in order to make my e-Liquid. Fast and simple!
    Now, I have four questions:

1. How many milliliters of VG/PG solution should I use for 1 gram of pure rosin?
    2. After I mix the VG/PG with the rosin in the right proportion, and after I have the e-Liquid ready and loaded in my vape pen, how many tokes will it take me to get moderately high? Is it going to be a one-hit and quit deal or does it take many vapor hits from the pen in order to feel any effect?
    3. Does the vapor from the rosin and VG/PG mix smell like weed? (assuming that I will not be putting anything else in the mix to change its odor)
    4. Is the rosin from the hair straightener already decarboxylated or does it decarboxylate during the vaping process? I mean, it only takes 15 seconds of heat and pressure to produce rosin. Are those 15 seconds really enough for it to decarb? I have seen people bake their herb for long hours in order to decarboxylate it.

So these are my four questions.
    Would be glad to hear your input and especially if it comes from your own experience.
    Thanks!

2. Anyone with an input?
    I found this video on YouTube and this gay guy is mixing 1 gram of shatter with 1 milliliter of VG/PG.
    Isn't that way too concentrated? I don't trust gay guys, lol.

3. #3 FADING-SILHOUETTE, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    You want to bake the canabis lightly 1st to activate the THC..

I've not done it yet .......

But - I looked into it extensively a while ago, from what I can remember it goes as follows :-

* Grind up aprox a half oZ and lay evenly on a baking tray
    * Preheat the oven to I think 180oC and then turn oven off and place bud tray in there for 18 mins
    (Please check this as time/temp maybe a little off)
    * Remove from oven an alow to return to room temp
    * Put a load of the baked cannabis into a Mason Jar along with some VG Eliquid
    (check the ammounts)
    * Place jar with weed and eliquid and lif firmly on into a sauce pan full of simmering water, then remove, shake allow to cool shake and repeat a few times..

* shake like crazy and store in dark place at room temp
    * Repeat last step every day for a Month
    * Take jar with blended/mixed weed & VG and add the PG ratio you wish to use, or added PG Flavors/recipe to either mask or add to the strain flavor notes.. and pour said liquid through a 'cheese-cloth' or 'coffee filter' or '180 - 200 micron screen' into a container of your choice - I'd recommend a glass vile or dropper bottle
    * Take your mod, fill or drip in/onto your RDA/RDTA/RBA/Tank etc.. and pace your self and enjoy ..

Ill try n find the You-Tube vid I watched ..it was all really simple to understand and stuck quite well Id like to say in my head.

Hope this helps

FS

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Just an FYI carts made with PG/VG taste like SHIT and after a month they start to turn blue.
    They taste 0% like the actual flower and unless you add a half gallon of terpenes it’s still gonna taste like donkey ass

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for your reply, man. Now I know that my liquid will not going to taste like weed (which is a good thing!).
    I am still left with 3 questions:
    1. How many milliliters of VG/PG solution should I use for 1 gram of pure rosin?
    2. After I mix the VG/PG with the rosin in the right proportion, and after I have the e-Liquid ready and loaded in my vape pen, how many tokes will it take me to get moderately high? Is it going to be a one-hit and quit deal or does it take many vapor hits from the pen in order to feel any effect?
    3. Is the rosin from the hair straightener already decarboxylated or does it decarboxylate during the vaping process? I mean, it only takes 15 seconds of heat and pressure to produce rosin. Are those 15 seconds really enough for it to decarb? I have seen people bake their herb for long hours in order to decarboxylate it.

6. 1. You should start with 5 drops. Heat mix/stir.
    If that’s not enough add one or to drops at a time. If you do to much it’s gonna be to runny and leak.

2. Really can’t say. It’s all depending on ur tolerance. My wife takes 1 puff of a normal cartridge and feels pretty good. Personally I could smoke the whole cart and not feel anything due to a massive tolerance.

3. No. Once you inject it into ur cart there’s no need for Decarbing. Just toke away!

Can I ask why you don’t want ur cart tasting like weed? Personally carts that have Pg/VG make me feel nauseous. The after taste is horrid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks again for the great input. This answers all my questions.
    Regarding the taste and smell of the cartridge - I don't want it to smell like weed because I want it to be as stealth as possible. I want people around me to thnik that I am smoking a regular VG/PG liquid. If I add Cannabis terpens to the mix, that would give away what I am vaping and I may get snitched on and then find myself in trouble with the law.
    I live in an European country with really old legislation and here Cannabis is considered equally as dangerous as heroin. You go to prison for a 0.2g joint. Hence my desire to remain as stealthy as possible.

8. Ahh I see. Sucks we have to worry about hiding our medication! Prison for weed?! That’s crazy man sorry to hear. Here in California they would let you finish ur 0.2 gram then tell you don’t do it again at the worst. Pots a culture around here.. maybe it’s time you move? Haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. I hear you. :) Wish I lived in California, but I don't...
    The reason our government doesn't want people to have access to legal weed is because this would kill the business of the government-protected drug dealing gangs. Organized crime, police and government are very tightly connected and intertwined where I live. To the point that they are basically the same thing.
    The police have no interest people to have the right to grow their own weed, because then no body would buy from their street dealers and the pigs will lose mind-boggling amounts of money. So they are lobbying hard to keep it illegal, so they could remain the only ones who can sell it.

10. Corruption at its finest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1 gram to 1ML of ejuice, is a bad ratio imo. Even he ended up mixing more.. honestly there are better e juice videos on youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Interesting, kinda makes sense. What ratio do you personally use?
    That video was the first that I found. Will try to look for better ones. Or maybe you can share a video that covers the subject? Thanks!

13. This is one of those things you need to experiment on, and depending on what type of Ejuice you use and tank /RDA. I cannot vape high VG juice, for whatever reason it causes me to break out. So I tend to do a 50/50 PG/VG so my juice may be a little thicker.

That being said I would prefer a .5g wax to 10ML E juice. My tolerance tends to stay low too generally so someone with high tolerance might want a different ratio :)

14. Thanks, guys. Great and interesting input.

@Lemuel001 how many hits it takes for your 0.5g to 10 ml e-Liquid to get you pleasantly high? Do you feel anything after one hit?
    I am a lightweight myself and have never done concentrates, so I am a bit scared to do the 1:2 ratio liquid, lol.
    The 0.5 g to 10ml ratio sounds like a win-win situation for a guy like me - you get more e-Liquid and then, your e-Liquid is probably not too devastating.

15. I'll speak on kind terpenes. Tried 3, liked them.
    I've also used solvent710, more fruity than weed tasting, but I've used Fogg Cutter with good results.

Dont make my own wax, if I were to I'd buy a cheap rosin press for 50-75usd rather than the hair straightener method.

If you can't buy wax concentrate near you, and don't want any shipped in, then you work with what you got. Any wax I buy is made with equipment that far surpasses a PVC and a bottle of butane at home, so when I make me own carts, I grab some have wax.

I've had homebrewHomebr that were too thick for their own good. 2:1 ration wax to solvent710 was thicker than a HH cart. With Fogg probably the same 2:1, but even 1:1 wax to fogg cutter is still thicker than store bought carts.
    One big difference I've noticed, the solvent710 carts started to burn and discolour the ejuice towards the end, a sign that there is some peg in the product I've been told.
    I haven't noticed the same issue with the cutter mix.

Good luck on trying your jam out

16. Terpene -based liquidizers will make better tasting cartridges than PG/VG/PEG products and they are probably better for you. Also, I made a few cartridges from shatter and live resin, but they turned nasty and crystallized eventually. I read that decarbing the material prevents this from occurring.