Potassium deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sweetlow101, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Sup guys! I am new grower...failed growing a couple times so I decided to grow autos this time around. I am currently growing Fast Buds Crystal Meth and Northern Express at the moment. They are at day 21 and they have been experiencing some deficiencies for 2 weeks now...still cant figure out what it is. Growing in soil and watering with RO water. I am using biobizz nute line at currently at 3/4 strenght (bio-grow and bio-heaven. The problem started with spots on the leaf and tips and I thought because I am using RO water it was magnesium def. so I started watering with epsom salt. Its the second watering with epsom salt and still no change...its still spreading. So I am thinking it might be potassium. it starts at the tips, them move inward, softens and browns the leaf and eventually dries it up. Should I water with a light bloom nute in the next feeding with my bio-grow to increase potassium? Here are some pics...any help will be helpful...cheers

Attached Files:

2. what do you have for a light? water pH? temps? i am no expert but there are a lot info on autos on this site....check em out

3. No plant in decent grow soil should be experiencing any major deficiencies at 21 days of age. My guess is that it's your watering habits...just taking a guess at it. Firstly, toss that RO water out the door and start using plain old tap water. RO water has absolutely everything of value stripped out of it and very easily can cause deficiencies in the micronutrient end of things. Chlorine as we know it is not used in treatment plants anymore. They've switched to using chloramine and it does not evaporate nor is there enough of it in tap water to damage your plants. There are also valuable micronutrients in tap water that are quite beneficial to your plants....boron being one. I've been using tap water that is pH adjusted in my plants for several years now with absolutely NO negative results.
    You don't mention anything about measuring/adjusting the pH of your water. If you don't do this and your water is out of range, you may have root lockup and the plant(s) can't take in nutrition. Any liquids going into your plants need to be pH'd to a range of 6.3 to 6.7 (for soil grows). If you get the liquids going in adjusted to correct range, the soil you're growing in should remain OK at around 7...which is neutral for growing soil.
    Also, how often do you water and what do you go by to determine when it's time to water? Incorrect watering habits is the biggest killer of plants by new growers. You must maintain defined wet/dry cycles for this plant's roots to thrive. Keeping them constantly moist only brings on root rot and other not so fun problems that you have to correct. You should only water when the plant has used up 80 to 90% of the water in the container it's growing in. If you don't feel comfortable determining this on your own, you can get a moisture probe off Amazon for $12 or so that very plainly tells you when your container is dry enough to water. You can't always go by the weight of the pot either. I've got a batch of clones in 1 gal. pots right now that I'm prepping for my next flower run and several of those pots feel very heavy when they're dead dry...so sometimes it's hard to tell. But the main thing is to make darn sure you're dry all the way down and not just the top part of the container. The larger the pot, the harder it is to tell exactly how dry it is around your roots.
    Work on straightening some of this stuff out and let us know if it's getting any better. It would also do you good to get on the new grower threads here and read a bunch. Pretty much everything possible has already been questioned and logged here in the past. You need a good concept of the basics of growing these plants the right way. Good luck! TWW

4. Over fed too me