Potassium Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BlueDro67, Dec 20, 2015.

1. #1 BlueDro67, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    Okay so I was checking my ph level and my ppms and I noticed that one of my 6 plants are showing yellow tips and yellowing and browning on the leaf.

Ppm was at 846 now it's at 977 15 hours later
    Ph is at 5.8
    I am using regular tap water ppm 164 straight from tap
    I am using 1/4th ratio of micro and bloom for 9 gals of water that's 18 ml of micro and 36 ml of bloom
    7 is potassium deficiency how do I fix it?

Attached Files:

2. thats damn high ppms for such small plants...id lean more towards burn than any def's

3. Yeah after more research that's what it is looking like I might try to do a flush how long does that take?

4. #4 NaturalMistik, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    since its hydro theres no real flush in the traditional sense sinse no media to really hold salt build up. Wont hurt to fill rez with phed water let run for hour (measure ppm before and after "flush") should be slightly higher or maybe even a lot, or maybe zero change, depends how much gets washed off and was on hydroton to begin with. Dump the phed water and then just refill rez w lowdose nutes, 1/4 strength of whatever the bottle says is a good place to start

5. also if you want to be extra sure to get any residual salts off, I assume you germinated or at least have a cube of rockwool in the cups, befoe you turn pumps on for rez take the phed water and pour over top of hydroton to rinse all media and rockwool since bubbes wont reach that high. Again just doing low strength nutes and sinple rez change would be good but if you want to be sure just go for this, and you should be set as long as you dont go bonkers w PPM too soon again

6. #6 BlueDro67, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    Thank you so much, I dumped the remand filled it up with 1/4th of the recommendeddosage of nut and got my ppms and phone under control and looks like everything is going very well. I am starting to see some really great growth now. Thanks again for you and information you provided.