Pot won't kill you, but your bong might!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Storm Crow, Jul 31, 2012.

1. if weed was legal and people were more bong educated maybe this wouldnt happen eh? eh? eh?

2. [quote name='"Plex1"']if weed was legal and people were more bong educated maybe this wouldnt happen eh? eh? eh?[/quote]

^ This
    (Unfortunately, it requires rational thinking.)

3. This scares the shit out of me! been using plastic bongs for ages now. not by choice though.. thank goodness im buying a glassy soon.

Btw is 4mm glass thickness good? i cant find the thread for this type of question so..

4. so don't use plastic homemade bongs or even POS acrylics? okay simple enough. come on people, learned at 12 how toxic plastic fumes can be

5. im old school papers or glass bong i can use a gpen for my concentrates now the too out the plastic with glass..

6. Depends. Generally I'd call that china glass, but 4mm on an 8-10" tube is more than sturdy enough. 4mm on a 16-20" tube is a nono. Mind you i have no first hand knowledge on blowing glass. This is second hand from various blowers.

7. I thought it was common sense that plastic fumes are toxic... And because of dumbasses like the kid in the story, it gives us stoners a bad rep and hes the reason why non stoners give us the stereotype of being dumb

No it's because they want accurate, concise information. And the best way to communicate that is through the proper terms and phrases. It's easy enough for someone to find what the definition of words are, and in the process they become smarter too. Ignorance is no reason for one person to dumb down what they're saying to someone else.

9. Thanks you saved my life I would use gaterade bottoles once in a while when didn't have a bowl with me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Well with socket but it sure as hell was close

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Granny keepin the population of stoners healthy and strong once again

Sent from woah sweet Grasscity Forum

12. Maybe if bongs weren't illegal (here anyway) Then there wouldn't be so many shitty make shift ones, I know a lot of my mates are still on the powerade down here

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

14. #74 bengiee420, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    im 99.99% sure it was only the plastic. glass is the safest way to blaze other than vaporizing and a homemade plastic bong *bang* is ok aslong as heat doesnt touch plastic like have a downstem that sticks out a good 6" but u want to be safe go to ur local headshop and buy a cbeap vlass bong u could find a safe glass bong for 15-30$ (shit quality tho) ps just thought of this HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND A APPLE AND bowl piece (if u can make a bong u can probly make a apple pipe)

15. i use glass only, vape, blunts, and joints. should be good. that shit really sucks tho. there should be more awareness about shit like this.
    gravity bongs are real popular by me, since buds pretty expensive. i stay away from that shit. i also stay away from bowls. not my thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. so basicly dont melt the plastic on your home made or acrylic when you hit it and your good.

17. wow thats some creepy stuff there. Thank god all the homemade bongs i smoked out of had metal bowl that protruded quite far out to prevent burning plastic, but that was a year ago. Now just joint and blunts for me  :smoke:

18. I believe it. This kid was probably just forcing down huge bong rips through coughing fits, or the plastic. Bong rips can hurt sometimes.