Pot won't kill you, but your bong might!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Storm Crow, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I wouldn't be worried about that whatsoever. The vaporizer wouldn't reach a high enough temp to do any damage to the rubber tube causing anything harmful to reach you. I believe almost all whip vaporizers use rubber tubes?

2. Yeah I know mine came with my SSV, I just got nervous there for a second.

Appreciate the quick reply man! :)

3. Not a problem man. Enjoy that ssv, I've been thinking about grabbing one. I used to have a cheaper desk vape, then I got the flight box, which actually works really well in my experience although some people would disagree.

4. Thanks for info!I did it only occasionally,becuase one just can't feel right while doing so..but thanks to this article I will avoid it in the future.
    Thanks again!

5. No one is answering the question to whether acrylic bongs are safe, I don't think my lighter flame gets close enough to heat it up, but still..

Are acrylic's included within this range of deadly plastic?

6. no if you don't use the flame directly on to it. And when its dirty, just throw it away and buy a new one if glass is too much of a hassle.

7. I've recommended the MFLB to many of my friends as vape, but I love my SSV way too much to switch over. :)

8. Never mind, I bought glass, didn't even realise I posted haha

9. Unrelated to cannabis, but Bag it is a cool documentary to watch, about our everyday use of plastics.

10. wait is plastic by the slide and downstem? is it safe if i drill a hole in a plastic botle and gromet glass downstem glass slide etc but like an empty coffee creamer bottle is bad? lol been my baby for like 2 years im werrried? soz pretty high

11. The reefer madness people would go nuts over this. lets hope they don't read GC forums

12. Clearly there aren't people out there who knew because idiots are still dying from it. It shouldn't matter if you knew the information or not. It matters that there are people out there that are uniformed to the point where they'll use plastic for their pipes.

If you're posting just to tell people they don't have valid or new information then you don't have any valid or new information either.

13. I think if someones stupid enough to smoke out of plastic then they deserve to die. End of discussion. if their that stupid then they probably aren't very valuble members of society either, so no big loss lol

14. Have you never smoked out of plastic before, man? I'm not saying that it isn't totally and completely stupid, it really is, but we were all younger once. I've used makeshift homemade pieces when I was younger, but should I die because I was young once and didn't really have any other resources and know better?

They should just use an apple :smoke:

15. [quote name='"BlazeyBones9"']

Have you never smoked out of plastic before, man? I'm not saying that it isn't totally and completely stupid, it really is, but we were all younger once. I've used makeshift homemade pieces when I was younger, but should I die because I was young once and didn't really have any other resources and know better?

They should just use an apple :smoke:[/quote]

Lol smoking out of a piece that's made of plastic is fine, this whole thread is based on a guy that was using a plastic bowl, and that's what I'm talking about. acrylic bongs suck but as long as the bowl is glass or metal your fine. What I'm saying is that anybody whose stupid enough to use something plastic as a bowl deserves the lung disease for being a retard. doesn't even take half a brain to figure out smoket plastic = bad. You should never have plastic anywhere near the direct combustion of cannabis

16. Haha you are correct about that. Dumb people dude. I just would never wish for anyone to get any kind of cancer. Shit sucks man and it's too unfortunate.

17. [quote name='"BlazeyBones9"']

Haha you are correct about that. Dumb people dude. I just would never wish for anyone to get any kind of cancer. Shit sucks man and it's too unfortunate.[/quote]

Well then we must go about finding every person dumb enough to smoke a plastic bowl and put them all somewhere safe where they can't hurt themselves... lol

18. Wait, so final conclusion granny, metal bowl with a plastic bottle bong, safe or no?

19. Only time ive smoked from any type of plastic was a home made water bottle smoking device my buddies had when we smoked probably 2 to 3 years ago...had like 1 or 2 little hits so im hoping im safe if i havnt died yet lol :D

i have a glass piece now and occasionally have an L

20. #60 Schad3nfreude, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    [quote name='"Slim340"']Wait, so final conclusion granny, metal bowl with a plastic bottle bong, safe or no?[/quote]

I used to do this if I was in a pinch with a ratchet nut and a gatorade bottle. While not preferred by far, I have since been fine and have had no serious health issues. HOWEVER, as the thread has been saying, it isn't healthy or safe (especially for daily use) and in my opinion should only be used as a last resort, if at all.

:smoke: