Pot won't kill you, but your bong might!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Storm Crow, Jul 31, 2012.

1. That's pretty much what this thread is about. Using a Gatorade bottle as your base definitely isn't safe and if I were you I would invest like 10 dollars into a small glass spoon and only use that or you can learn how to roll.

2. If I'm smoking from a piece its either glass or I'm rolling up.

3. I only smoke out of glass but I work in a bakery and the way we seal the packs of rolls involves being around lots of melting plastic fumes for hours.
    It's not good, I get sleepy and tight chested from it sometimes, and now this thread has really got me worried....
    Man i need a new job.

Sorry if that was kinda irrelevant....

4. Sam, it is NOT irrelevant! Plastic fumes are really nasty! And yes, you need a new job! Just how bad the fumes are depends on what plastic is being used. Some are bad, some are just plain deadly!

Raise some hell about it! I went to a school where the bio lab and the chem lab were connected by a small work room. The fumes from the chem lab were giving more than one bio student asthma, including one of my friends.

I started a petition and eventually a fan was installed in the work room to suck out the chemical fumes before they reached the bio lab. You might tell the management that a fan may eliminate some lawsuits for cancer or lung damage in the future!

Granny

5. I'm glad it's not a problem with glass <3

6. Fantastically informative.

Thanks for the simplified recaps after each little section, that made it way easier to understand than trying to read about "acid anhydrides" and "alveolar haemorrhages". :D

7. My hubby says that scientists use the big words just to keep us "peons" from understanding what are really simple concepts! Just a big ego trip on their part.

Granny

8. Me too. They just found the gene that's connected with Alzheimer's.

9. when you have dumb ass children making bongs out of whatever the fuck they can find , not realizing the ramifications of the material used heated or in direct contact with flame....

you get what you deserve....

theres alot of shit to make a bong
    not everything should be used to make a bong that wont destroy you

10. Yeah bro, that's why anybody with half a brain uses a glass bong. Thank you for this completely useless thread on something we all already knew

11. "useless thread on something we all already knew"
    > Thats what I THOUGHT- until reading the OP of this page

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1080232-incredibowl-attatchment.html

This guy doesn't seem to know- NOR agree with science-

He got MAD when people tried to tell him that a PVC bong is dangerous . . .

12. Dam. Thats some crazy shit never thought it would give off "Acidic Fumes" haha

13. I've used plenty of make shift water bottle bong :eek:

14. hey, dont contribute your snobby ass comment when you don't contribute shit to this site. Storm Crow has contributed more to this site way more then most people, and for you to give some snobby ass comment like is way out of place especially when their was a point you didn't even have the commonsense to notice at all! Actually you would of never noticed if it wasn't for someone on GC telling you.

15. #35 SOtOkes, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    [quote name='"SsYyNn"']

hey, dont contribute your snobby ass comment when you don't contribute shit to this site. Storm Crow has contributed more to this site way more then most people, and for you to give some snobby ass comment like is way out of place especially when their was a point you didn't even have the commonsense to notice at all! Actually you would of never noticed if it wasn't for someone on GC telling you.[/quote]

Actually, I would and did notice years ago, hence why my whole piece collection is GonG hahahahahahahahahahaha

I dedicated a good chunk of my life to researching scientific glass and carcinogenic substances and the effects that different materials have on your lungs when you smoke out of them. So did a lot of other people, and they came to the same conclusion I did, which is why companies like sov/dwb/mobius/every other high end company makes their pipes out of glass, not acryllic, not stainless steel, not frozen angel tears, GLASS. And actually I do contribute... just haven't uploaded any videos in the past little while. Way to jump to your own conclusions and make yourself look like a fool though :wave: and my opinion still stands. Useless ass thread info on something everything with half a brain already knew. You don't see kids huffing burnt plastic fumes for fun do you? People know not to smoke plastic, and if they don't then they probably aren't very intelligent or productive members of society and we should probably let them all die anyways.

16. this definitely gave me a decent sized wake up call. although i havent used a homemade bong is years, i have a crappy old acrylic i use as a bedside bong. even though it may still be "safe", im sure glass is much much better. soon ill be doing a LHC run and buying a semi-decent glass beside bong for $80 or under
    just feels right in my opinion. plus my acrylic is stained and smelly, even though it gets a thorough cleaning the morning after use.
    thanks Granny. this should be made a sticky or something here, and posted somewhere else, this stuff needs to be known more!

17. #37 SOtOkes, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Glass is definetly much better. Acylic bongs are horrible on your lungs, and for 80 bucks you could get a pretty decent american beaker/straight tube from the grasscity shop and maybe even one with a perc if you don't mind going the china glass route, just make sure its thick glass. I don't normally recommend china but for that price I've seen well made china with percs go for around there. Search up smokers corner on google, they have a pretty good selection of decent china glass there for around that price. Even some 9mm thick stuff, id give you the link to the site but I think that's agains forum rules

18. I for one think this thread is very useful. Condescending attitudes need to GTFO.

Of course I think it's common sense not to be breathing in plastic fumes but some people are obviously going to still do it. Maybe they think it won't happen to them or if they do it a few times there'll be little or no harm. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for them so they can spend money on a decent glass piece. Not to mention a lot of younger kids still visit this site and this could educate them on the issue.

19. #39 jay-bird, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Don't you guys remember the thread I posted in which my huge ass bong rips made me cough up streaks of blood? Guess what guys, I used a fully glass piece with a carbon filter. The blood most likely came from my lungs and not my throat. Heres the details...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/1005921-important-cough-up-blood-question.html
    Ok so lets put two and two together now... I'm not trying to be a salesman for anybody but our lungs, BUY VAPORIZERS!

20. I'm kind of worried about my vape tube now..

I have a rubber tube extending out of my wand into my bubbler, to those informed on this subject, should I be worried?

Thanks!