Pot Stocks Are Bleeding To Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dobro49, May 6, 2022.

1. I figure it’s like booze, tobacco, or any Vice items. When I drank I liked good bourbon or Ale and I’ve raked for couch change to buy the gut bomb stuff too. I would enjoy a good Mexican joint, Canadian joint, or a commercial quality type.
    Gotta remember bruhs, we in the pot business and our customers are a bunch of damn hippie potheads. What do y’all want, profit or something?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Right ,, then ship loads of weed started coming from Columbia.
    Thats when the price went to 35 a OZ . A 45 pound bale was 7K in California.
    Thats when 45 pounds of weed would get you a life sentence in allot of states .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, I remember. Columbian Gold was $50.00 an ounce in NYC, for years. Columbian Red was priced the same, but not available as often as Gold and commercial Columbian the latter of which sold for $35.00 an oz.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sorry guys, but I just dont see it.

Not only is it just a plant that anyone can grow, but it the MOST regulated commercial product in existence. To me that spells, low selling prices and high costs.

Not to mention the crazy valuation placed on these companies. Companies that can grow around the edges of the regulations might be better choices than those directly involved, especially growers.

Just my 2 cents.

5. :wipes away tears:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Since inflation is designed and built into our monetary system I might take the side that cannabis is in a secular deflationary cycle and the prices from the 70s-80s was more expensive on an inflationary real basis then today.

• Like Like x 1

7. I dont think a commercial grower can make profit when the cost of production exceeds $3 per gram. i'm very far removed from commercial growing but "back in the day" that's how we calculated the break even point. the production cost per gram could exceed that break even amt but then profit suffers. and when you're selling at the bulk wholesale level nickels and dimes add up pretty quick.

commercial cannabis production is a high risk, high cost venture. imo investors should really look hard at business fundamentals, cost of production, efficiency of operations, etc. horticulture (and agriculture) are very high risk businesses. ask the question, "what are the per gram costs to deliver a finished usable product", and do your own analysis to figure out if there's money there to be made.

:confused_2: growing cannabis is frought with all kinds of risk at the cultivation level, and cost of operations are highly variable and could escalate overnight via a failed crop or rising costs of equipment and supplies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. This is why I hang out here. ^^^^^^^^^…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 4 month ego buy check-in - Who's with me!? Another couple months before we hit the buy?

• Like Like x 1
  10. There will probably be an election bump if new states come along and then flat.

11. These companies are making money !!! maybe a lot of it is cash and not really on the books

the market is. A crap shoot right now anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Revenue aside - Do you know which ones are net profitable?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cbdd was 10 mill profit last quarter I believe and the stock went down

14. If I have the right company, report says they recently changed company name to "Mellow" - Here is a line item from Aug 2022 - CBD of Denver (OTC Pink: CBDD) reports Q2 revenue of US$1.3m and net income loss of $366,000

15. Ouch
    I know they have alot of outstanding shares -
    There’s money in weed …. But the question still seems like there’s not money in stock maker weed lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know it’s a risk and the reason I steady chip in is betting on future success. I’ve mentioned before that I think this could grow along the lines of booze and cigs. As a pothead I concede that I’m biased but if I like it then everybody else should, right?

17. I'm going to guess we will either see a big increase in weed cost in NY or lots more imported black market weed.
    Con Edison has already predicted that a typical customer’s electric bill in its territory in New York City will climb 22 percent.
    National Grid, which supplies natural gas in Brooklyn, Staten Island and parts of Queens, projected a 28 percent increase from last year.

18. However it happens, the NY market really needs to be done right on the first shot. That’s to be a huge market and the industry needs it to be a success.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The black market will thrive like it has in many other legal states. This as always will be due to the greedy politicians. This bill was written to ensure social/racial injustices would no longer be a headline issue. They just shifted the social injustices to a different group of folks, the poor. It's a shame marijuana legalization always starts out to be fair to society until the crooks in government get a hold of it. Then, it's all about how much money each district gets by over regulating and over taxes a once desirable bill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1