Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot Snobs

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by oldskoolgrower, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Are you a pot snob?

Personally, if someone offers to smoke me up I accept it in the spirit with which it was given. Ther herb is meant to be shared, and far be it from me to judge when someone offers to share.

I think some of the older stoners here will understand what I mean. Times have changed so much.

I don't care if all you could get was some brickweed. If you're offering to smoke me up I'll match it with my finest bud. Like I said, it was meant to be shared and enjoyed between friends.

People who denigrate others because they couldn't get bud as good as them just piss me off. Shit, I smoke better bud than 90% of the people here will ever taste and I could care less if all a friend has is some mids. If he or she wants to share I'm all smiles and I match.

2. I'm with you man. I would never tell a person off who wanted to smoke me up or smoke with me just because they had inferior shit. I'm always interested in trying different kinds. I have never met any pot snobs out there, but with the green rush in CA, I have a feeling the mentality is on the rise.

Actually, I met one guy who was kind of a snob, but he was nice about it. If I only had schwag and he had dank, he would just say, "let's just smoke my dank instead". I felt bad because I couldn't get any at the time, but he was OK with it.

3. I could personally care less about someone smoking me up with mids, it's a nice offer and really that's all that matters to me. Of course I prefer to smoke medical, but as long as it gets me high I really don't care. But I do have to admit that it's frustrating when someone smokes you up with low mids and they get high b/c it's all they're used to, where as I hardly get a buzz.

4. eh. shwag or mids gives me no or a bad high usually. tired, weighed down. but not in that good couch lock body numbing kushy way. in that dirty dont want to move because i just feel bleh way.

if a friend wants to smoke shwag or w/e with me i usually just say 'nah i'll load a bowl of chronic'. then they're all happy and i dont smoke pointlessly. i hate smoking things for no reason. plus that shit stinks up my room. smells horrible for like a whole day.

fuck it. i'll just load the bowl and everyone wins(kind of).

5. Man I need more friends like you lol. Seriously thu if I had like 1/8 of killer and a friend had an 1/8 of brick - I might mix half mine with all of his and make a salad. Im all for the spirit of sharing but mine cost $50 - his cost $15. Of course if it was the other way around - my friend would prolly match me 2-4-1. Like I pack 2 he packs 1. Im not gonna just blow someone off cause their smoke is worse thu.

6. I usuasually can't find better than some mids and even when I get the opportunity for some dank it's just to expensive. However, I will never be offended when someone refuses to smoke my dirt and packs a bowl with their cronic.

7. If I had friends who smoked inferior weed, I would have no trouble smoking it with them. How the fuck are you gonna know if you have the dankest dank, if you haven't seen and smoked weed that's not as good. Ya know what I mean?

But all my friends smoke really good bud, really consistently, so yea. Haha.

8. The world needs more people like you :smoking:

I'll smoked whatever though. I prefer chron, but I'll hit shwag too.

9. I smoke up almost everybody I know. Back when I grew, or even now when I just get it from people I taught how to grow, my cost are dirt cheap so I just share in the spirit of sharing.

Plus, those people often pay me back tenfold by sharing their alcohol, etc.

I'll smoke anything anyone offers though if I don't happen to be carrying. Weed is weed to me, I don't have a high tolerance so I enjoy whatever.

10. #10 pinball wizard, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    I don't understand how people don't like schwag.

I see nothing wrong with schwag, and smoke plenty of it. Dank's wonderful, but getting an ounce for less than an eigth of an ounce.... you can't fucking argue with that.

I also don't understand people complaining about "bad" highs. You might get more tired, that's not because it's schwag, that's because it's indica, or even because it's marijuana in general, there's no such thing as "energizing" sativa dank or anything, it's ALL the same depressants, when you get down to it. Some is just less of a depressant.

So basically, if you won't touch it, you're spoiled.

11. One of my friends always says he gets better weed than me. I know he is just saying that so he looks cool, ya know?

I just blow it off. If he wants to be a tool then that's alright with me, doesn't affect my life.

But I know what you mean, OSG. It's always a competition now, who has the best stash and so on. I just smoke people up whenever I have bud :)

12. im all for the spirit of sharing. i smoke people down all the time. even if they dont have bud to match me back ill still pack a few bowls. i feel like i get just as baked either way and its good to let other people join in the festivities.

13. i do what i can.

my true goal is to get the reggie smokers i know to convert to chronic one bowl at a time. it works well enough. people eventually want to smoke chrons all the time and end up doing so. then i make em match me. ;)

14. Since I started smoking again, I only smoke dank. Partly because I only need three hits at a time and also because it's so damned beautiful. I won't smoke anything less than high mids, even if someone offers it to me. Like someone said above I'll just some some of my good bud with them. I just can't stand how repulsive some of the shit I see looks. It just seems dirty and doesn't smoke how I'm now used to weed smoking.

15. #16 Andronius, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    What people are missing is that it is not always about getting high. It is the social activities that are part of the 'counter culture' we are a part of.

If you look back 2000+ years in all civilizations just about, cannabis was used as a social (fill in the word because i can't think of it)

Name-brand shit does not make you cool.

When you grow you can grow a brick seed, but you will love it. If you grow an afghan kush you will love it.

There is a bond between true smokers.

Become a true smoker and leave the celebrity red carpet shit at home...

/end rant.

16. I only buy dank....but ill smoke your mids....
    i dont care if you buy it and want to match with it ill match..
    Ive matched real good hindu kush with chronic before..fuck it... i dont care...
    I just wont buy mids since i like dank....

17. If the person im matching with weed is WAY better or WAY worse ill just pack a bowl of mine and then his or vise versa... im not a fan of mixing dirt with dank(just makes it all taste like dirt)

18. Indeed.

I'll only ever spend money on chronic because it's all I've ever smoked and it's what I'm used to. But if someone wants to match me with decent or low mids, I'll go for it.

If someone wants to match me with dirtweed schwag, I'll just offer to smoke him out with my chronic instead. Mexibrick just isn't fit to smoke in my eyes, though I don't knock people for what they smoke. That's just dumb.:)

19. I think I know what you mean. I know some people who are always criticizing other people's technique. If someone packed the bowl too full, didn't corner well enough, etc., they'd flip a shit.

The thing that bugged me the most, though, is that some people can't just share their weed. I mean, I'd understand if they were down to .3 grams and they were trying to make it last, but when they've got a brand new Q and they're taking note of the who they're smoking out, so they can call up their "debts" later. I've always thought if you've got it, share it, end of story.