Pot Smokers: why are they skinny?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Oct 17, 2013.

1. New research suggests people who smoke marijuana are skinnier than those who abstain.

[​IMG]

2. dont be jelly of my metabolism and svelte gazelle like body, baby.

3. New research? My own observations showed me this 20 years ago :smoke:

4. I might use the study for my diversity paper. Thanks GC! 

5. Ive noticed this also and im 21

6. wouldn't you gain weight from all the munchies hahaha

7. Maybe it's because we use marijuana as a coping mechanism to battle our insecurites about being thin. Maybe it's because alot of people who puff also smoke cigs. I am formulating ideas as I type this to develop the next big weight loss program. "Get a ripped core! While you are ripped. Explosive quad muscles, while you inhale a quad. Become skinny as balls, but that weak joint you just rolled doesn't have to be......"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. That is a very confusing infographic..

To all those designing these damn charts:

Readability>Prettiness

9. #9 Scribbles510, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Hahaha.. I used to use a Whey Protein container to hold my gravity bong water.. We would always crack jokes about the advertisements on the Protein, claiming to get you "Ripped" and even showing before and after pictures

Smokers are also more likely to be uneducated, smoke cigs, and drink alcohol.

I like how the poster doesn't even answer the question it asks originally.

10. I dunno, I just know 

11. Cannabis decreases insulin resistance and improves blood sugar control. This means you don't gain weight as easily. So yes, it does answer the question. 

12. This is a public service announcement by fullbowlfriday

Marijuana smokers are skinny because they are addicts who will buy Drugs over food

word haha

but yay for cannabis

14. apparently they're too busy getting drunk and smoking cigs haha

15. Just figured it out! Because marijuana is a gateway drug that leads you to use other stuff that makes you thin. Pow! Suck my balls pie graph.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Its because smoking weed brings self awareness. When I am high I am like..."I am hungry, but I had better eat a turkey sandwich". Where as I am just as hungry when I am drinking but my attitude is more like..."I am hungry. I think I will eat hot dogs wrapped in chicken skin!"

17. Thats nasty af and I hope you really dont eat that..

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I read them just fine.. must have been all my econ classes. 

19. OK, say somebody has prolonged heavy usage with marijuana and they are relatively thin as a result. Is this reversible by not smoking for a long period of time or is it more complicated? 

20. ive lost weight (like a pound maybe, i wasnt fat to begin with) and gained muscle since i started.