1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Pot Smoker Not Bothered About Breaking The Law

Discussion in 'Marijuana News from The USA' started by Superjoint, May 26, 2003.

1. By Yvonne Zacharias, Vancouver Sun
    Source: Vancouver Sun

It's 10 a.m. and the pungent odor of pot lingers around the headquarters of the Marijuana Party on West Hastings Street. It doesn't take a sleuth to know the law is being broken here. Check out the law books. It is still an offence in Canada to possess and smoke marijuana.
    Yet no police hover nearby ready to swoop. Inside sits 40-year-old Chris Bennett. He is content. He has already had a joint with his morning coffee.

"To tell you the truth, I have much more of a problem dealing with coffee in my life than I have ever had dealing with marijuana," he chats affably, while his 11-month-old son, Shiva, crawls around nearby.

His wife, Renee Boje, keeps a watchful eye on the bright-eyed little boy.

She knows all too well the consequences of straying on the wrong side of the law. She faces 10 years in prison in the U.S. for aiding a medical growing operation in California. But now she has refugee status in Canada, the land of the benign, turn-a-blind-eye approach to all but major marijuana trafficking offences.

Bennett doesn't mind giving his name or having his photo taken.

"There is a situation of de facto decriminalization here in Vancouver," he says confidently. If police catch you with a small stash, "generally, they just throw it away and don't bother charging you because it's not worth clogging the court system."

He has been smoking pot for 28 years.

Snipped:

Complete Article: http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/bennett.htm

Source: Vancouver Sun (CN BC)
    Author: Yvonne Zacharias, Vancouver Sun
    Published: Friday, May 23, 2003
    Copyright: 2003 Vancouver Sun

Related Articles & Web Sites:

Pot-TV
    http://www.pot-tv.net/

2. good for him!.......we should all follow in his footsteps......Peace out.......Sid

3. haha thats kewl! good for him that he stuck up for smoking weed!

4. woah! i didnt know rene had got hitched and had a kid! oh man have i been outta the loop.

"She faces 10 years in prison in the U.S. for aiding a medical growing operation in California. But now she has refugee status in Canada, the land of the benign, turn-a-blind-eye approach to all but major marijuana trafficking offences. "

yeah, canada dont lock you up for a decade for watering a plant for a friend.

5. I knew about the wedding and the kid, but I didn't know that
    she had got refugee status. Very cool.

6. hehe... thats funny... i knew about the refugee status.

actually... wait... wait... its coming back through the haze...... yep... i'm getting a faint memory of someone telling me about her getting hitched. i was most probably really stoned at the time.

Grasscity Deals Near You