Pot Sizes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by briangumble, Aug 27, 2005.

1. I read that the pot should be a gallon for every foot the plant is. So I was going to buy a 2 gallon pot because I'm growing a lowryder so it shoulden't grow bigger than 2 feet. But went I went to look at the pots they didn't say the size in gallons they had it in inches. So I bought a 10 inch pot, how many gallons is that and is it big enough?

2. you might as well get a 3 gallon pot because the point is that the roots can grow out. The more space they have the more the plant will grow.

3. Well I don't know how big 3 gallons are. The pots here are measured in inches not gallons. And I already bought a couple 10 inch pots and I don't have enough money to buy anymore.

4. well you always want to use at least 3 gallon pots but since your growing lowrider 2 gallon should work. i also dont know the size to gallon ratio but just get something that you think will work. lowrider doesnt have a super yeild so anythjing should work

5. most topsoil bags will have a diameter to quarts of soil chart on the back of the bag..

so...4 qts = 1 gal....

see how many quarts a 10" dia pot holds an go from there..

I have a diameter restriction in my box..so I got taller pots to make up the difference to equal 3 gal pots......Im sure you'lll have no problem with a chart as a guide..