Pot size

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hootskers420, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Will 3 gallon pots be enough room to grow my plants in? Im vegging them for 1 month and flowering for at least 2 months. If it is enough, how many cubic feet of soil do I need to fill 2 of them?

2. It should be fine for veg, unless you have a monster plant. Try to upgrade to 5gal for flower so you have more root mass (which generally means more bud). I'd say approx 1-1.5 cubic ft of soil per gallon.

3. some people finish their plants in smaller plants. rule of thumb is one gallon per foot of growth. i don't know about the cubic feet question but i'd think about adding some perlite to the mix. i grow in coco and use a 80% coco 20% perlite mix. if you're growing in soil, i highly suggest you use some perlite. soil can really get compacted.

4. Im using Black Gold organic soil which already has perlite and all that good shit in it. I bought some miracle grow organic soil for the seedlings but its just so dense and moist that Im not gonna bother using it when I transplant. So what I guess Im saying is how many bags of Black Gold do you guys think I need? Theyre 2 cubic foot bags. I dont wanna buy more than I need to because that shits kind of expensive.

5. Where do you get this black gold soil

6. Its at my local hydro shop, which isnt too big, so Im assuming its at most hydro shops. $18 for a 2 cubic foot bag.