Pot Size .. Root tips growing out of it. Plant under LST ..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bouncyball, Jun 29, 2008.

1. I have a 25 day old plant currently undergoing LST in a 12" pot. It's at least 2 gal .. MG organic soil no extra additives (yes. MG. it's been awesome.) Feeding half str grow nutes for the last week now.

There are six holes on the bottom for drainage, about 1/2 inch size. Problem is for me .. and what I wanted to ask everyone .. There are 3-5+ root tips growing under the pot out of these holes. Do I need to transplant pots if I plan on keeping her vegged another 2 weeks?

I should edit: 3-5 root tips per hole on the bottom of the pot. :|

2. the bigger the pot the better... if you have any thoughts that its becoming root bound then i would say yes... put it in a bigger pot.... they like thier space....:smoke:

3. Maybe I'll just plant the whole pot over and save myself the hassle of having to redo the LST.

I guess I never expected to see roots comming down that far; at least not so many. The whole plant is still short.. it (she, please) is slow but so happy looking to me.

4. yh its always better to have bigger pots especialy in warm climates.... you got any pics of her?

5. my journal is linked in my sig .. as for pics of the bottom of the pot I can whip those up in a flash (of a camera!)

6. DSC00227.jpg

the worst looking two. other pics in my journal