Pot size in a 80x80x160 growbox?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Explicit66, Dec 29, 2017.

1. I was thinking about 3-4 plants. I'm using the Platinum P300 LED. I'm also thinking about using coco for the first time. Should I go with 14l pots or get 19l smart pots? Will I need a scrog net? Other tips and suggestions on how I can achieve a decent yield are appreciated.

2. The light is adequate but I don't believe that tent is big enough for 4 plants. Plus the height will be a problem unless you scrog. You don't need 14 or 19 liter smart pots - a 9-10 liter is fine - you can grow a 6' tree in a 9 liter pot when using coco. You could yield 8-10 ounces off of one plant with that light and doing a scrog. Good luck.

3. That's surprising. So... 1 plant in a 10L pot + Scrog? That sounds a bit... weak. Any experience with that? Also, for how long am I supposed to veg?

4. Yes I have a little experience with it. Lol. If you can grow a healthy plant, you can yield 8 oz. off of one plant when grown in coco. I regularly yield 8 oz. or more per plant with a 5-6 week veg. in 9ltr air pots. There are growers on this forum that do better. Just remember that coco is not soil and shouldn't be treated as such. Good luck.

5. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it and I'll definitely look more into that! I'd be happy with just 4 oz, 8 would be a dream come true. You mean I should be careful with feeding? I have no experience with coco so far. I read that it's easier to over feed. Any tips or suggestions on what nutrients I should use?