Pot or cup first?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StartingSmall, Apr 1, 2013.

1. #1 StartingSmall, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    My seeds are ready to be planted and im not sure wether i should put them in a pot first of put them in a cup. Also im not sure if i do plant i the cup at first if i should leave inside in a dark area..

2. Personally, I use rockwool cubes to start my seeds and then go into 4" pots, but I can answer your question of dark or not. My cubes are in the outer edge of my lights while I am waiting for them to emerge. This seems to work well for me. I do not presoak my seeds, I just put them in soaked cubes and let them come up as they will. I generally see the most aggressive ones pop out in ~2-3 days, and all the rest within 5 days.

3. Well that's what I did. I have no clue if it's right.

Attached Files:

4. Should be fine. I keep mine in a humidity done until the 3rd leaf set starts, then i pot em up. I will say, if they get too lanky dont be afraid to pot them so only an inch of stem stick above the soil. The rest of the buried stem will root up in short order and you dont end up with a long spindly stem before you get to the leaves.

5. I wanna just make sure that this is okay, I'm not sure if I put it in there to late or what..

Attached Files:

6. That should be fine to plant. Make sure you don't over water or mold will take over. Be very careful with the tap root. Plant it down just a little and cover it lightly with soil.

7. That's what I did :) its in the backyard right now so i can watch it closely and im germinating my next seed tonight :)

8. Personally, I would try to not wait until that tap root gets that long before planting. There is a very finite amount of energy a seed has to get started in life. Once that shell cracks, I would get them in something to anchor to.

9. I will do that with my next seed :)