Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pot makes me panic

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by twilas zone, Apr 10, 2010.

1. im new to this site but not new to smoking the herb..35 of my 49 years on this earth i have partaken in smoking but lately..i dont know if the weed is just so much better or what but i find myself bordering on panic when i smoke! its messing with my high folks..im not liking it. i have tried taking a few less hits and that helps but its always right there..lurking in my mind..damn i miss getting really high..any advise out there for me? keep tokin :smoking:

2. its all in your head.
    focus on what you like.

3. T-Break?

4. Try changing the activities you're doing while high.

5. As someone above said, it's in your head, but if you stop smoking for a bit and go back you'll probably feel fine. When you start to panic just tell yourself nothing is wrong, cause nothing IS wrong.

6. Don't Panic, it's Organic...:D

7. smoke your bowls slower man, dont just toke one after the other, wait like 10 minutes in between bowls.

8. Yea bro it's all in ur head. I used to get them to cause I live at home and I didn't want my mom kicking me out if she found out. When I got them I would just say to myself relax, you smoked to have a good time so no worries right. You just got to not think about it, it probably is happening because your thinking about that state of mind where you just panic, just don't think about it all before you smoke, clear your mind and enjoy the smoke cause I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.

Hope this helps

9. Take a chill pill. :cool:

10. honestly, try playing some video games by yourself. I notice that a lot of people that get anxious while stoned also have social issues. NOT SAYING YOU DO, I don't know you, but it can be a great complement to smoking the fine grass ;). Just some sort of hobby or distraction other than your daily routine. trust meh!

11. Well theres your problem :) Relax, stop thinking about what could happen when you smoke. Think about what your going to eat, how fucking tasty your bud is, how sexy your girl is...anything else but the negative.

12. Have some pleasent music played in the background. It helps alot

13. Yeah this happend to me once out of my 8 years of smoking out of the blue it was fucking strange i thought i was going to die like my heart just gonna fucking blow up or something, but next time i smoked i just kept myself distracted and didnt think bout that at all and and havent had a panic attack since then (2 years ago) and if you do get the thought oor that feeling of worrieng just remember its a plant all natural.its weed not acid no need to freakout.

14. focus on the positive
    everything is good.
    and start thinking of all the good things
    and appreciate them.
    attitude of gratitude.
    :D

15. its all in your head. theres no reason to panic, so why let it bother you? what is there to panic about? nothing? good, stop!

16. everyone else's advice is right on. i'd like to add though that it could be your subconscious telling you something in your life isn't right. we get signals of this when we aren't stoned, but when we are and we're in more direct communion with our subconscious.. it's a lot harder to ignore. when this happens to me i'll usually just sit alone and think/meditate and try to let my attention drift to anything that could be wrong with the decisions i'm currently making in life.

remember, anxiety is a sign that we're resisting something. sometimes that something isn't real or is just fear itself, so if you really are at peace with yourself and the way you're living you can tell yourself it isn't real and focus on good things. this might not apply to you, but some people like me are more susceptible to this.

good luck