Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot makes me NOT hungry

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deathbyzen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. I smoke all kinds and eat all kinds of edibles and oils too. I'm trying to get some of my med-school friends to write a study on this. I lost 110lbs. smoking pot everyday in a 3 year span.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I eat like a mothereffer after smoking some bud. I'm gonna really try and control myself, I've gained some weight due to that :mad:

3. Wow, congrats dude! I'd love to read about this. I'm on a t-break right now so my appetite is pretty much non-existent but I tend to eat way too much when I'm stoned.

4. some strains don't make u hungry and the smoke fills you up so u feel full. ether that or you swallow your smoke and get sick from that.

5. Sorry Charlie, but when I'm high I don't get hungery either. In fact I lost 100lbs smoking Cannabis.

After hitting the vape the only time I eat is when my stomach has been growling for a while.

While I was being checked out by the Docs, they were worried there was something wrong with me, I took a 3 month t-break and put on 8lbs.
    The Docs wanted to know what I was doing that was different I told them I has stopped using Cannabis so they could get better results.

They told me that they THOUGHT the Cannabis was adjusting my body chemistry and to go back to using Cannabis.

A month later I had lost the 8lbs

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi there soo as some one who did have cancer (lung cancer) i found that after geting over it i tryed weed like people said in the form of edibles and was never able to get the munchys, still cant :\\

7. how did u find this 4 year old thread??

8. sativa mostly doesnt cause hunger while indica commonly does at some point in the high

9. Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I was looking up to see if anyone els had the same or at least same ish issue

11. When I get high I tend to not eat coz I'm too picky about food.

12. when i first started smoking i was hungry all the time. a year later and its opposite for me. i dont hardly eat anymore. as for cravings, its a hawaiian punch and a blue razz sucker. i smoke every day and when i smoke more heavily, it takes away my appetite

• Like Like x 1
  13. The effect of cannabis on your stomach varies dependent on the person and the strain.

Some strains are great at suppressing appetite, actually.

Assuming you're smoking average stuff, it's unlikely that you are smoking a suppressant strain. It's much more likely that your stomach receives marijuana differently than most and is satiated rather than stimulated.

Do you get nauseous when high?

That said, these empty boxes of Oreos and Fruity Pebbles (I love kale and quinoa and other healthy shit like that normally) lead me to personally believe that the munchies are not a myth.

14. It is the strain you have. Marijuana has many components, the strains you are smoking are probably high in THCv, which is an appetite suppressant.

15. When I firs started smoking my munchies could top anybody, hands down. I'd go to the store and easily drop $25 on pop, snacks, chips, whatever. After awhile that stopped and I just started making home cooked meals and got high while it was cooking. Real food is a lot more satisfying when you have the munchies. I don't care what anybody says.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I agree that it's different for everybody and also the strain your smoking. I smoked at least twice a day for a year and a half and I was the skinniest I've ever been. I didn't have a desire to eat much. I had like, maybe one decent meal periodically throughout the day. Weighed 145lbs for a 5'7 tall women. People told me I was at an unhealthy weight. I honestly disagreed and smoked it off

• Like Like x 1
  17. Old ass post, but same here. Weed doesn't make me hungry till several hours later. I used it to help me maintain balance my appetite.

18. Some people don't understand that weed can affect someone differently than others. If I'm hungry before smoking, if I smoke I will probably NOT be hungry at all. I even try to eat and I don't get the munchies anyway.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. I wish I had that problem but nope. When I smoke even a little bit I go from having apatite issues to being able to down a weeks worth of food in 5 minutes. Without weed I can go most of the day without food but with weed I need to have a huge breakfast or I will die of starvation before second breakfast which will maybe hold me over till its time for my lunches. Good thing I still have a fast metabolism or I would be fat as hell.